Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Predictions on Dawgs who'll leave early for the NFL

johnchappelljohnchappell Posts: 66 ✭✭✭ Junior

We had some amazing seniors stick around for last year's team. I'm wondering who might go and who might stay after this year.

Comments

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

Right now I don't see anyone leaving early except maybe JR Reed

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:
    Right now I don't see anyone leaving early except maybe JR Reed

Kasey, I don't know why but I just have a "feeling" that he'll stay and try to win it all. Nothing at all to base the feeling on. Maybe just wishful thinking.

• LowcountryDawg21LowcountryDawg21 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2018

I’d like to see JR stay. His leadership could be a big plus next year. Also, he’s a great quote.

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don’t see anyone that would be given a second round draft pick or higher grade at this point. That’s usually the cutoff for where you want to be graded if you’re thinking about leaving early.

• benjaminwgreggbenjaminwgregg Posts: 677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It depends on if we make a playoff run imo.
    If mecole or riley or nauta or holyfiels standout against a couple of elite playoff defenses they could really boost their draft grades.

A lot of NFL teams are having kicking problems rn.
    Idk but if hot rod stays automatic on kickoffs and field goals? The fields the same length in the pros is all I'm saying.

• deutcshland_dawgdeutcshland_dawg Posts: 1,595 mod

I dont think JR is going to be drafted high enough to go early. I think he comes back to be the leader on next years team. Ben Clevland and nauta are the ones i think will be drafted the highest for juniors on this years team.

• MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CZCashvilleDawg said:
    Nauta

JMO but I think Nauta is the most likely of anybody. After that, it would be in their best interest to stay in Athens for anybody draft eligible. Just my $0.02. I really thought Clark would have a breakout season after last year.

If any offensive players leave early, they are likely to be drafted by the Patriots to join Sony, Andrews, and Wynn. Word on the street is they're working towards an all-Dawgs offense. Bill will come workout the defensive prospects again, and then encourage Nauta (always injured Gronk's replacement) and Hardman (Edelman's contract is up after next season) to leave early and join the dynasty... They'll also get Gaillard to be Andrews backup. ;)

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CZCashvilleDawg said:
    Nauta

He's very possible. I remember when he was being recruited he stated his goal was to play 3 years and leave. Well he's about to finish his 3rd year... that said it's hard to see him as a real high pick. So he might stick around now. Who knows. As far as the rest? I'm not sure, I need a list of juniors/3 year players to see. No one is jumping off the page at me though.

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@RxDawg said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:
    Nauta

He's very possible. I remember when he was being recruited he stated his goal was to play 3 years and leave. Well he's about to finish his 3rd year... that said it's hard to see him as a real high pick. So he might stick around now. Who knows. As far as the rest? I'm not sure, I need a list of juniors/3 year players to see. No one is jumping off the page at me though.

TEs typically aren’t high picks. Nauta would test well in a pro day and coming from a pro style offense only benefits him as well. 3rd - 5th round pick.

• UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If hot rod stays automatic on kickoffs and field goals? The fields the same length in the pros is all I'm saying.

The field is the same, but the goal posts are a foot and a half more narrow in the pros than in high school and college. The PATs are also longer...kicked from the 20, I think.

• corai3corai3 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@UnderDog68 said:

If hot rod stays automatic on kickoffs and field goals? The fields the same length in the pros is all I'm saying.

The field is the same, but the goal posts are a foot and a half more narrow in the pros than in high school and college. The PATs are also longer...kicked from the 20, I think.

As quickly as kickers get cut nowadays, I'd stay in school if I was him. Get that guaranteed degree then go make as much money as he can as a pro. I think he is plenty good enough to go, but I also think in terms of long term.

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@UnderDog68 said:

Almost no one drafts kickers. And Specs is on scholy now. I'd be floored if he actually left early without a diploma.

@UnderDog68 said:

The hash marks are also more narrow in the NFL, so that helps combat the more narrow posts.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We don't have many non-seniors who seem ready to venture into The NFL this year. Maybe Reed, Clark would be best served by coming back in my opinion, the same goes for Rochester.