Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Stalker

BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just thought I would put this out there, I have a stalker. Not for sure what I did to deserve it, but I do. Went back and looked and he/she has voted down every post I have ever made. Not that it really matters, its just irritating. @SavageDawg17 is there anyway to put a stop to this?

Comments

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SavageDawg17 I went and looked at the down votes for @BamaDawg and they are totally baseless. I understand your pain @BamaDawg - it isn't right!

• DawgsofWarDawgsofWar Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I see it, too @BamaDawg @Denmen185 . There's a good bit of trolls here that do the down voting very frequently. I feel your pain!

• CaliforniaDawgCaliforniaDawg Posts: 674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You're right and I don't think it is Munson himself from the grave!

• Dawg19Dawg19 Posts: 318 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think he has a crush on you!

• moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Never been a fan of the voting systems on message boards. It's ripe for griefing, and the popular people/posts are going to be popular regardless of how many clicks they get.

• SavageDawg17SavageDawg17 Posts: 1,535 mod

@DawgsofWar said:
    I see it, too @BamaDawg @Denmen185 . There's a good bit of trolls here that do the down voting very frequently. I feel your pain!

I will look @BamaDawg & @Denmen185 but I am not aware of preventing down votes. The down votes really don't accomplish anything - unless a post gets more than 5 or 6 and then I think it is then minimized from what I have seen.

@SavageDawg17 said:

@DawgsofWar said:

I will look @BamaDawg & @Denmen185 but I am not aware of preventing down votes. The down votes really don't accomplish anything - unless a post gets more than 5 or 6 and then I think it is then minimized from what I have seen.

I just want it clear I was just supporting a fellow poster. I am not experiencing it myself

• Original_BDDaveOriginal_BDDave Posts: 50 ✭✭ Sophomore

Block the number in your phone and get a stay-away order from the Solicitor General's office. That my advice. About all that you can do!

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Since it's fairly obvious to anyone who can click on BamaDawg's name who the stalker is, why doesn't he just step forward and explain himself? Let us know what is up.

• dawghousedawghouse Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:
    Since it's fairly obvious to anyone who can click on BamaDawg's name who the stalker is, why doesn't he just step forward and explain himself? Let us know what is up.

I'm guessing he's preoccupied with boiling a rabbit in Bama's kitchen right about now.

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander ... I doubt he/she has the cajones. Besides I just looked up all his posts I could find and returned the favor... childish I know, but I felt better....

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My latest vote down by @LarryMunson .

• bobbypiperbobbypiper Posts: 146 ✭✭✭ Junior

Alrighty, what is up with that? I could understand maybe one, because I myself accidentally gave a new poster a down vote due to fat fingers. Obviously you must have disagreed with him on a topic or something. One thing about anonymous posting many feel empowered while hiding behind a screen name. That is the reason I use my name, I feel if I am going to post it I mean it and have no need to hide.

I have done the "fat finger" also. I do go back and click again on the down vote and it goes. Not sure if there is a time limit to correct

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Denmen185 said:
    I have done the "fat finger" also. I do go back and click again on the down vote and it goes. Not sure if there is a time limit to correct

"And it goes away" I think it should read. Just not sure what you typed is clear and there does seem to be a few people on this board who need to know about that.

E.g., if you click on vote down or vote up or one of the buttons on the bottom of the post like that, you can click on the same button and it will "erase" the previous vote.

• ReeldawgReeldawg Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Denmen185 said:
    Not sure if there is a time limit to correct

I don't believe there is a time limit.

I went back just over a month where I gave you a thumbs up. I was able to remove it.

Don't worry, I gave it right back.

• Palm_City_DawgPalm_City_Dawg Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BamaDawg said:
    Just thought I would put this out there, I have a stalker. Not for sure what I did to deserve it, but I do. Went back and looked and he/she has voted down every post I have ever made. Not that it really matters, its just irritating. @SavageDawg17 is there anyway to put a stop to this?

@SavageDawg17 said:

@DawgsofWar said:

Hey @BamaDawg...as I'm sure you've noticed, while this forum grows, the "undesirable quotient" grows proportionately! Don't worry about it...the real fans enjoy your input and the DV's mean nothing!