Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Fields in Athens last night???

Tdub0199Tdub0199 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm hearing rumors that Fields was in Athens last night for the fight...

Comments

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bear in mind that the Dead period doesn't end until midnight Thursday/Friday.

• Tdub0199Tdub0199 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He can have contact with players and recruits though, right?

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

To what does an NCAA waiver refer?

Yes, in fact to me that's a better sign than visiting coaches. Just enjoying the city and future teammates. Hope it's true - don't have premium service to see article

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'd say that is a strong sign indeed.

• FunroeFunroe Posts: 141 ✭✭✭ Junior

Athens is a ways away from Kennesaw, why travel that far just to see the fight?

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Funroe said:
    Athens is a ways away from Kennesaw, why travel that far just to see the fight?

Your exactly right, why indeed. He must have had a gooooooood reason.

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Snoop talking about these visits around that Fields makes is what made me finally realize Fields is at least a solid UGA lean.

• SIlverCreekDawgSIlverCreekDawg Posts: 110 ✭✭✭ Junior

@donm said:

Schools could apply for a NCAA waiver to have recruits visit as early as August 23. Evidently UGA applied and was granted said waiver.

• georgiaboygeorgiaboy Posts: 846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Read on another board that You can apply for a waiver on the dead period due to the early signing period.

Same article says Kirby had dinner with JF and his parents in Athens last night.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SIlverCreekDawg said:

@donm said:

Schools could apply for a NCAA waiver to have recruits visit as early as August 23. Evidently UGA applied and was granted said waiver.

Thanks. If CKS had dinner with Fields of Gold and Parents of Fields of Gold, that HAS to be signicant, right?

@donm said:

@SIlverCreekDawg said:

@donm said:

Thanks. If CKS had dinner with Fields of Gold and Parents of Fields of Gold, that HAS to be signicant, right?

Hope it's planning when he and others are committing NOT last ditch effort to change his mind before the Bama FSU game

• booneyspencebooneyspence Posts: 119 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Denmen185 said:

@donm said:

@SIlverCreekDawg said:

@donm said:

Hope it's planning when he and others are committing NOT last ditch effort to change his mind before the Bama FSU game

What I was thinking.

• ReeldawgReeldawg Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2017

Fields' team loses one their biggest games of the year and the next day he and the family has a late evening dinner with Kirby.

The news is either good or nerve wrenching; however, I don't think it's bad.

Fields is either on board with UGA or, at the very least, seriously entertaining the idea of a commitment. Quite the mystery really.

• AgDawgAgDawg Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Reeldawg said:
    Fields' team loses one their biggest games of the year and the next day he and the family has a late evening dinner with Kirby.

The news is either good or nerve wrenching; however, I don't think it's bad.

Fields is either on board with UGA or, at the very least, seriously entertaining the idea of a commitment. Quite the mystery really.

What does his team losing have to do with it? Not sure why that would affect his decision

• ladawgladawg Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

lets all just hope bama D sacks Francois 10 times and he throws 5 picks.. I am not a big bama fan, but I will be this week.. 6 DAYS!!!

edited August 2017

When I played high school football, a big loss was tough to take. I wouldn't want to travel the next day.

A tough loss, a NCAA waiver and parents making a trip seem to be indicators of a pre-scheduled meeting with Kirby. I am curious as to why that meeting was scheduled.

In fact, the Fields family met with Kirby at the soonest possible time considering he was preparing for Rome.

If you find the loss irrelevant, ignore it.

Note that I don't think the loss impacts his decision in any way.

It is simply one of many factors as to why a meeting took place at the soonest time a NCAA waiver would allow.

You may be correct, the loss may be meaningless. The meeting; however, was not.

@Reeldawg said:
    When I played high school football, a big loss was tough to take. I wouldn't want to travel the next day.

A tough loss, a NCAA waiver and parents making a trip seem to be indicators of a pre-scheduled meeting with Kirby. I am curious as to why that meeting was scheduled.

In fact, the Fields family met with Kirby at the soonest possible time considering he was preparing for Rome.

If you find the loss irrelevant, ignore it.

Note that I don't think the loss impacts his decision in any way.

It is simply one of many factors as to why a meeting took place at the soonest time a NCAA waiver would allow.

You may be correct, the loss may be meaningless. The meeting; however, was not.

I agree it was meaningful. The question is in what context. I think Kirby may not have wanted Justin and/or his family going to the MB Stadium without having personally spoken with him "face to face" for a month.

@Denmen185 said: I agree it was meaningful. The question is in what context. I think Kirby may not have wanted Justin and/or his family going to the MB Stadium without having personally spoken with him "face to face" for a month.

Do think JF is still undecided?