Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Blankenship earns starting job

AgDawgAgDawg Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

According to Dawgsontop Instagram page

Comments

• RockdaleBulldogs1992RockdaleBulldogs1992 Posts: 86 ✭✭✭ Junior

Another "W" for Mr. Spectacles... Go Dawgs!

• BigGAdawgBigGAdawg Posts: 575 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Congrats Rodrigo!!

• KingoftheSouthKingoftheSouth Posts: 570 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

B)

So about that Chauncey Manac scholarship...

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@KingoftheSouth said:
    B)

So about that Chauncey Manac scholarship...

Not sure that's even possible given we had already hit our 2017 maximum of 25. The scholarship will almost certainly be needed in 2018 to recruit our targets unless we have a large number of early entrants to draft and/or transfers out.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It seems unlikely he'll give it to RB. With the high ranked kicker coming in, that would seem to be where it will be best spent

I do like the way RB has responded to the challenges he faced!

RB, Long and Camarda on scholarship ain't going to happen! At least 1 maybe 2 too many.

Does Camarda have a committable offer? Might Long lose his scholarship? If only one K/P can be kept on scholly, who might it be?

Camarda is the #1 HS K and #4 Punter, Long isn't our starting punter. I know which I "keep" whether it's a committable offer or not (I assume it is).

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:
    Does Camarda have a committable offer? Might Long lose his scholarship? If only one K/P can be kept on scholly, who might it be?

I could see Long's scholarship not being renewed after this season with Camarda coming in. Could possibly give Rodrigo that one starting next year. Camarda is the #1 punter and #4 place kicker in the country, so it's probably a committable offer.

And I say keep Manac's scholarship for a 2018 recruit.

Going into the offseason I figured Rodrigo would be the kicker from roughly 45 yards in and Marvin trying the long field goals. Marvin has hit a couple 57 yd field goals at Wofford and attempted one from 62 yards. Could potentially be used on long kicks at the end of halves.

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2017

Why not give it to him this year?????? It's got nothing to do with who is coming next year!!!!!!

He has BEAT out everyone that CKS has brought in to beat him.... I don't care if Jesus is coming in next year, that's next year.....

• Dawghandler85Dawghandler85 Posts: 208 ✭✭✭ Junior

Camarda is already committed...I'd say it's a committable offer. He'll be on scholarship. It wasn't a PWO or WO spot. He is a game changer at punter and PK.

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Which still means he won't count against this year. You can give Rodrigo the scholarship for this year and tell him he will have to re-earn it next year. Canada's offer doesn't effect this year.

@BamaDawg said:
    Why not give it to him this year?????? It's got nothing to do with who is coming next year!!!!!!

He has BEAT out everyone that CKS has brought in to beat him.... I don't care if Jesus is coming in next year, that's next year.....

Don't forget that we lost Toneil Carter this year because we did not have a scholarship to give him. Come December this may make a difference between being able or not to sign a Micah Parsons or similar.

@BamaDawg My post wasn't in response to yours. It was to the ones above that we're wondering if his offer was committable. With that being said, while Camarda doesn't affect this years numbers I don't know that Manac leaving frees up a scholarship for the 17' class. Kirby said they'd have to look into it to see if they were allowed to. I've also never heard of (at least publicly) giving a kid a one year scholarship with the contingency that he has to re earn it the following year. Not saying it won't or doesn't happen but it's definitely not the norm.

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

**** you guys already barking not to give him a scholarship are **** stingy.

This is Kirby's whole thing. He wants them to compete for playing time.

So one kid sacrifices to enter that competition, and wins! And the first thing you jackasses say is "No, no, no, don't give him a scholarship!"

Hell of an example for other kids who may consider entering the competition.

• dawgbybirthdawgbybirth Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

He is 30 for 30 story in the makings. Specs.. Hope he has a great year.

• dawgbybirthdawgbybirth Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

He deserved a scholarship last year by results. He is a fighter. Easy to get behind. Looks like a Hansen brother from Slap Shot.

I'm all for giving Rodrigo a scholarship. I just don't see how it would work numbers wise. Camarda is going to be on scholarship. Doubt Kirby would have Rodrigo, Camarda and Long on scholarship. 3 scholly's to kickers/punters? I am a huge proponent of special teams, especially kickers. I was a kicker in HS and would like to think I would've continued in college had I not broke my ankle in a car accident. I think they have a much bigger impact on games than people give them credit for. Rodrigos earned it. I just don't think Kirby can/will use 3 scholarships on them. Maybe Long loses his?

• Dawgy_FreshDawgy_Fresh Posts: 895 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't get the whole fascination with rec specs. He has a fun story but all I care about is having a stud kicker. If that is rec specs then great give him a scholly but I hope we don't have too many schollys taken up by ST. Kirby is going to try and max out the scholly limit so if he ends up giving one to rec specs then great if not then oh well.

Sounds like the Manac scholly is still being counted against the limit and isn't "up" for grabs, yet.