Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Gator troubles - 10 players now suspended for UF

LazendaddyLazendaddy Posts: 120 ✭✭✭ Junior
edited August 2017 in General

Two more Gators suspended. 10 of 22 starters suspended. Cue the "Mcelwain has lost control of the program"shouts!

Comments

• cf_ugamancf_ugaman Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

link? I see that 8 are suspended but not 10?

• rrich45rrich45 Posts: 60 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just went to the Gator Bait website and some of their fans are finally calling McElwain out for not disciplining his team enough. Guess the threshold is 10 players suspended before they figure out they have a bunch of character issues on the team. Previously the fans were making excuses for the players and team, but I guess they've come to the realization that McElwain recruits idiots.

• mleemlee Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

To bad it's not for the UGA game! Remember when Steve said he loved playing UGA at the start of the season? Karma is a bit$$.. Go Dawgs!

• georgiaboygeorgiaboy Posts: 846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think only 2 are starters...Calloway and Scarlett. I could be wrong though.

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They will probably start Del Rio at QB, Zaire at RB and Franks at WR. Watch out for the wildcat. :D

• Dawg19Dawg19 Posts: 318 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If they are actually suspending these guys rather than the typical "will be handled internally" one would have to think what they did is kind of serious.

• bubbadawgbubbadawg Posts: 572 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If I'm not mistaken, Gurley sat several games for something not that much different, improper benefits, a few years back. These guys could be out for a while.

• RedDawgRedDawg Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bubbadawg said:
    If I'm not mistaken, Gurley sat several games for something not that much different, improper benefits, a few years back. These guys could be out for a while.

If its similar to the kind of thing Gurley did, it will be a few games prob around 3 games or so. But who knows.

Im actually kind of cranky about this, I was hoping to watch a good game between UF and BLUE. I want to be able to talk smack without excuses being used. lol

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Dawg19 said:
    If they are actually suspending these guys rather than the typical "will be handled internally" one would have to think what they did is kind of serious.

They stole. They took school issued funds (prepaid credit cards I believe), bought electronics, then sold the electronics, and then reported the funds they received as stolen in an attempt to get more funds. Their 10th suspension is pot related (James Robinson, receiver).

• DawgsofWarDawgsofWar Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

At least McShark boy is doing something to discipline his players. If it was Saban, his players would be suspended for the coin toss against FSU, halftime, or probably Week 9 (which is their bye week).

• bubbadawgbubbadawg Posts: 572 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited August 2017

DawgsofWar

4:43PM
    At least McShark boy is doing something to discipline his players. If it was Saban, his players would be suspended for the coin toss against FSU, halftime, or probably Week 9 (which is their bye week).

He doesn't have a choice in this case. This is NCAA mandated. If these guys aren't suspended, game might have to be forfeited.

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2017
  • donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Guess they win the Fulmer cup this year, hands down.

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This would NEVER happen under Urban Meyer!

Discharge a fire arm into a vehicle, repeatedly violate coeds, rampant drug use, maybe... but never prepaid credit card fraud...

I'm soooo sorry for these tools...