Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Game day Superstitions

BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited August 2017 in General

What is your game day superstition?

Same food.... same shirt... underwear color????

Comments

• SnoopDawgSnoopDawg Posts: 660 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BamaDawg said:
    What is your game day superstition?

Same food.... same shirt... underwear color????

Black Calvin Klein mid-thigh briefs
    Red hat with old school Bulldog logo on it
    Gold chain with Power G

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod

Fly the Oval G Flag every Saturday that is a game day

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have my vintage David Pollack (signed) game day jersey and my calf high bulldawg socks.

• RedDawgRedDawg Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Power G shirts on my 2 dogs
    Same UGA shirt every time
    and always keeping my beer in a GA coozy

• Palm_City_DawgPalm_City_Dawg Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

For the last 20 years, my wife has bought me multiple UGA shirts for Christmas. One of them is always picked out, not worn until football season, and then only on game day for the game. The next time UGA wins a NC, that shirt will be mounted, shadowboxed and proclaimed proudly as the reason they won! :smiley:

One caveat...in 2014, when Marshall Morgan missed a short field goal to tie USC with 4:00 left in the game, which UGA ultimately lost 38-35, I gathered three of my sons, took them outside, doused the shirt in gasoline, and proceeded to burn that sucker up in the fire pit! Wasteful I know, (it was a REALLY nice Nike Drifit), but I felt much better afterwards, and my sons still talk about it today! Obviously, that shirt did not survive the entire season...

Although my boys enjoyed it, my wife does not recall that particular incident approvingly... :wink:

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Holy Crap! Just read this headline as "game day suspensions" at first glance...

• DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My Wife knows nothing about this.

• Dawgy_FreshDawgy_Fresh Posts: 895 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I raise my G flag. Dress my kids in UGA gear and get geared up as well. I cook smoked fried chkn wings and it ain't nothin but a G thang.

• cliffhangercliffhanger Posts: 161 ✭✭✭ Junior

Don't change the channel at all once the game starts

• JmikeJmike Posts: 15 ✭✭ Sophomore

Red shirt for home games, black for away. Always boiled peanuts and sweet tea.

• afroche4afroche4 Posts: 44 ✭✭✭ Junior

I have one story about superstition. I was about 12 when Georgia went to Auburn and won on the last second toss by Greene to Micheal Johnson. Earlier in the game I was holding a spatula(I forget why) and Georgia scored. I figured it was because I was holding the spatula, so I held it the rest of the game. When Johnson came down with the ball my family and I just yelled "SPATULA!!" over and over again. I hung it up in the wall that night and it stayed there until we moved from that house almost 12 years later. This is the story I tell people when they ask if Georgia football is really a religion.

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@afroche4 said:
    I have one story about superstition. I was about 12 when Georgia went to Auburn and won on the last second toss by Greene to Micheal Johnson. Earlier in the game I was holding a spatula(I forget why) and Georgia scored. I figured it was because I was holding the spatula, so I held it the rest of the game. When Johnson came down with the ball my family and I just yelled "SPATULA!!" over and over again. I hung it up in the wall that night and it stayed there until we moved from that house almost 12 years later. This is the story I tell people when they ask if Georgia football is really a religion.

⬆️⬆️⬆️This I love ...

• mleemlee Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Mine is my wife isn't allowed to watch the game with me.. We lose every time she watches.. I hate it but she has to stay away..

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If you ban your wife from watching with you, how will she ever get to start a winning streak. Take a big risk and let her watch the Samford game with you.

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My wife and I always watch the game together. The only time we have been to Athens was for the most recent LSU game so I am frightened to take her again as they are not all like that :D

On game day, I always start drinking at noon or 2 hours before the games....oh wait, that's every day so no real tradition. :D

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

^^^ Just kidding I drink beer 2-3 hours before the start until it's over. Not fast, slow and steady wins the game right!