Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Call For A Better Board

kelly_bkelly_b Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Alright, I've been called out twice for redundancy on posts. Fine. I get it. But I searched Josh Imatorbhebhe and found nothing but a post from 2017. Now, I don't always scroll every post so I don't always see everything, but there's a problem w/ the board function if I get bad search results. I despise self-appointed cops. I really do, almost more than anything. But I do understand that people wanna keep the board clean and up-to-date. So, is there a better option, because I do not think that this board functions as well as it should on a tech level. If our goal is to make the forum the best it can be, then we should find the best functioning forum we can. I don't think this is it. That said, my only real objection to the content here is ****. I love the fact that we can talk about food, baseball, the smells we love, and so on. So...if we truly want to make this forum better, then let's find one that functions properly.

Comments

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If you would like to donate the funding to Cox, I imagine you should be able to talk them into it.

All you’ll probably have to pay is employee’s salaries for performing the search since they already have all the hardware, etc..

• kelly_bkelly_b Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:
    If you would like to donate the funding to Cox, I imagine you should be able to talk them into it.

All you’ll probably have to pay is employee’s salaries for performing the search since they already have all the hardware, etc..

lol - Cox can kiss my ass. It's already highway robbery.

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@kelly_b said:

@levander said:

lol - Cox can kiss my ass. It's already highway robbery.

How is it highway robbery? The board and the main site are free. Just have to put up with some advertising.

edited January 2019

Well, it's a good question, but the simple answer is that they overcharge for access and deliver an inferior product. Of course, I pay a fraction of the price that you pay in the States. My Internet, phone (international) and mobile cost me around 70 dollars a month total. That's with every cinema channel, international phone calls, and Krispy Kreme Donuts to boot.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Search function is completely worthless here.

I’d like to see a feature added that displays in a user’s profile the total number of downvotes that person has given out during their tenure. :smirk:

edited January 2019

@Teddy, I don't despise you at all. I'm sorry if you thought that. I didn't mean to imply that at all. I know I said that but it wasn't meant directly at you. Man, I apologize. I know you mean the best.

@Bankwalker - I really do think the search function here could be better. I'll take responsibility for not scrolling and seeing that the topic had already been raised, but it happens.

@RoyGaff said:
    What does any of this have to do with the price of local beer?

Which is outrageous.

You live in a cabin in Montana. You should brew yr' own.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We should all have cabins in Montana.

Cabins in Montana should be free.

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,646 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This place operates as well as any other forum I have been part of.

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Bankwalker said:

I’d like to see a feature added that displays in a user’s profile the total number of downvotes that person has given out during their tenure. :smirk:

It is better to give than to receive. 😇😇😇

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@FirePlugDawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

It is better to give than to receive. 😇😇😇

That’s what she said

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Member Orientation OP should have a section on searching. Also on how if you make a redundant post, it isn't the end of the world and you should not allow your self-esteem to be damaged. And if someone points out the specific posts that you failed to find, it is not an attack on you, but is a means to have a tidy board. And if someone writes these up in a suggestion for the Member Orientation OP, then he may be a tool, or he may be trying to be humorous and/or lessen the butthurt, as appicable.

• Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This forum definitely needs a better search function but that's about it.
    Even though I never use emojis on my mobile, I think it would be pretty cool to have our very own emoji function thingie on here like some of our rival's boards.
    My favorite thing about this forum is the black back screen. It's way better on my eyes.

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2019

@Bulldawg1982 said:
    This forum definitely needs a better search function but that's about it.
    Even though I never use emojis on my mobile, I think it would be pretty cool to have our very own emoji function thingie on here like some of our rival's boards.
    My favorite thing about this forum is the black back screen. It's way better on my eyes.

We have some emojis. >:) Black backgrounds also save power, so it's like we're saving the earth all at the same time. Have you ever seen Google's black search engine? http://blackle.com

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@kelly_b said:
    Well, it's a good question, but the simple answer is that they overcharge for access and deliver an inferior product. Of course, I pay a fraction of the price that you pay in the States. My Internet, phone (international) and mobile cost me around 70 dollars a month total. That's with every cinema channel, international phone calls, and Krispy Kreme Donuts to boot.

I don't know how you make it in that strange country without college football nearby.

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Bankwalker said:
    We should all have cabins in Montana.

Cabins in Montana should be free.

Are you willing to put up with advertising covering all the windows and plastered on your forehead? Maybe those cabins can be free.

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

Well, if we give a Mod one power to do something, I would choose the power of merging threads.....

• MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I stopped drinking@Roy Gaff but your user name is HILARIOUS!!!!!😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂