Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Really Aaron Murray?

BigDawgEatinBigDawgEatin Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Comments

• BigDawgEatinBigDawgEatin Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • ForestryDawgForestryDawg Posts: 29,205 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't like to hear it, but I won't hold it against him. David Pollack has picked against us for years. Aaron is trying to be even-keeled, which means that he has to pick the team with the most impressive record and stats thus far and unfortunately MSU looks slightly better on paper.

However, The REAL Dawgs will come out on top this weekend.

• ForestryDawgForestryDawg Posts: 29,205 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2017
  • levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So what, because he played here he's supposed to pick us to win every game?

**** article title. It's not shocking.

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This early in his new career, I put it down to not wanting to be wrong and disappointed. This way he's guaranteed to either be "right" or happy.

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm of the mindset that if it's close, you pick the loyalty.

All DGD's need to remember they are DGD's first and foremost... if your own blood doesn't pick you, that is a let down to me.

• Palm_City_DawgPalm_City_Dawg Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2017

@12ed said:
    Meanwhile the Herbstreits of the sportscasting-verse get to be homers all day erry day because the landscape of the industry is favorable for them.

If Murray picks the inbreds over UGA next weekend we'll know he sold his soul to the company store..

"Get to be homers all day"? Why would you want to be a homer?

Sounds like an intellectually lazy exercise to me.

If Homerism is that rampant, maybe UGA should be proud our athletes turn into independent thinkers and not just a bunch of flag wavers?

And by the way, you've said you want to improve your trolling skills on this site and get more down votes. You are doing a miserable job of that by lumping yourself in with the pro-homer crowd. A miserable job.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Call em like you see 'em Aaron.

• rocco4UGArocco4UGA Posts: 249 ✭✭✭ Junior

We've always got Sallee, if you wanna homer.

• Dawg14Dawg14 Posts: 197 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Maybe it's reverse psychology. What he said after sticking with his pick should only motivate the team more. As a fan, I am pretty annoyed hearing all these people saying we don't have a chance and haven't played anyone. I can only imagine how annoyed the players feel hearing that.

• BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

I don't care......there were many times when Richt was head coach that I said the Dawgs will get the hell beat out of them....like the last Bama game.....However I would never bet against the Dawgs. I rarely bet on the Dawgs at all.....the only time in the last two years was the ND game. I picked Georgia to win outright......I think a lot of people are picking Miss State because they must think that Mark Richt is still head coach

• ladawgladawg Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, it feels off because Murray doesn't feel genuine, it feels like a career move... he's got to make up for his duechey brother who's been ruining the family name on reality tv for 3 years now..

• greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hopefully he's just using some reverse psychology to get into the heads of all the faux bulldogs (aka Miss St) and put a fire in our REAL DAWGS!

• TheSmartWayTheSmartWay Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

In my opinion, he's doing the right thing by making his picks honestly but still rooting for the dawgs. The only thing that irks me about this is the "I might have gone to florida if Mullen has stayed" comment

• cf_ugamancf_ugaman Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

did everyone see that he isnt calling the game anymore tonight

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Keith Marshall replied to Aaron.