Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football trimester report card: Jake Fromm stands out

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited September 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football trimester report card: Jake Fromm stands out

Georgia football quarterback Jake Fromm is off to a great start this season, but there's still room for the Bulldogs to improve

Read the full story here

Comments

• BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So what’s the solution? I vote to turn Fromm, the receivers and throws across the line of scrimmage in space to our backs and turn them loose. Not quite sure why we are holding back all these stud playmakers we have. Go Dawgs!

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,735 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Your comments, Mike, are excellent, overall.

I'm very concerned about our special teams, and, boy, do you highlight what's wrong! If we were lacking in talent it would be one thing, but it's not that. We see what's wrong, but why is it wrong? An in depth article on the subject would be appreciated.

According to my understanding, which was improved by the discussion offered at Top Billin', we are oftentimes inviting other teams to load the box. This deliberate effort makes perfect sense. It can and does work to our advantage. Sometimes, as we all know, we need to quickly end unsuccessful stacked box parties and make those previously invited guests leave before they might be ready. At times it might be hard for most of us to distinguish invited guests from rude party crashers but it shouldn't be hard for Kirby & Company and yet it appears to be.

Most of us know something about how to force defenses out of loaded box formations. Why we don't do that is beyond me. An in depth article on that subject might be helpful, but it's important to understand how and why we invite loaded boxes.

It also looks to me that you've become a better and more informed (and perhaps more on board) writer about all things Georgia football related, Mike. Glad to see you in Georgia Red & Black.

Go, Dawgs!

• dawgfan623dawgfan623 Posts: 110 ✭✭✭ Junior

Coaching should get a C or C-. The lack of pushing the ball down the field on offense and playing so conservative in situations is mind boggling. Kirby keeps talking about throwing the ball down the field more but all it is is talk. We need to do it more now to develop chemistry and consistency. We don't need the first time we do it a lot to be the times when we have to have it in games. They need live reps, not just practice reps. Also the lack of pressuring with blitzes is awful. We have a talented enough secondary that can cover that should allow us to do this. We need more qb hits and sacks period.

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's not that Kirby didn't trust the OL for the half yard on fourth down. It's that taking that risk in that situation would have been total idiocy! Kirby forced ND to score a TD against a defense that had been stifling all night rather than getting into position for a game tying FG. The goal is to win the game, not try to please a bunch of whiners that are going to gripe regardless of what the coaches do!

• RGBRGB Posts: 172 ✭✭✭ Junior

Dawgs have got to improve in all areas has the season goes on. The Auburn game gonna be a slobber knocker. Got to score points that day. 23 points won't win that game

• RGBRGB Posts: 172 ✭✭✭ Junior

I've read the comments on here. IMO, Kirby would love to take 8 minutes to score EVERY time he has the ball. Not sexy, but you end up facing a tired defense while their offense watch's the game. That's Kirby Smart football. He'll take 12-0 winning every game 23-17

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think your analysis is spot-on, Mike. Well done. (And unlike some in this forum, I don't care whether you "root" for UGA or not, I just want you to be fair and thorough with what you write. I can make my own decisions how I feel about it). I think you've nailed the position groups, both their strengths and weaknesses. I do wish you had added something on the coaching staff, which I would give a C-plus at the moment. I think team is winning in spite of them right now. As I've said before, teams and coaches always talk about getting better, but I just don't see that happening with UGA right now. We were already very good, but I don't see us doing the things that say we're better now than we were at the beginning of the season. Still making same silly busted assignments on the o-Line, still making same special team errors, coaches still not recognizing who they have on the team. I'm like, we MUST get better or we will lose somewhere along the line this season. Go Dawgs!

• EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

No worries at all about this team.we won the game against a good team. I have No issues with not going for it when we have this great young defense either. Name a team who throws the ball all the time with a defense that top notch? Bama's defense has taken a step bk and so has Clemson

• Jaydawg67Jaydawg67 Posts: 36 ✭✭ Sophomore

I too have been perplexed at us not opening up our offense. However, I’m not certain that our receivers are getting separation that it takes to do so. When I watch Tua throwing for 450 yds the receivers don’t have anyone within 7 yds of them ! Fields the same way and trevor. I know a lot of these games are cupcakes but even when we are playing lesser opponents our guys are never that wide open. I’d like to know what y’all think. Is it our scheme? Does OSU and Clempson have that much more talent at the wide out position?