Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

First rule about fight club.....Clemson Edition

thehutch40thehutch40 Posts: 442 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yeah this can't be a good look. New recruiting angle? Get a concussion from your own teammate!

Comments

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2017

How on God' s green earth can Dabo allow this. Even boxers train with headgear. **** is as **** does. Do Clemson's lawyers know about this ?

• thehutch40thehutch40 Posts: 442 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

All jokes aside. That punch to the guy from behind can kill if it landed at the base of his skull. Doesn't require a lot of force to damage the brainstem with a hit there.

edited October 2017

@thehutch40 said:
    All jokes aside. That punch to the guy from behind can kill if it landed at the base of his skull. Doesn't require a lot of force to damage the brainstem with a hit there.

For sure. What is going on (or not going on) in that kid's mind doing that to a teammate. It's crazy to me.

• ForestryDawgForestryDawg Posts: 29,205 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So much for the boxing gloves being to prevent the the DBs from holding/grabbing receivers and 'beating them with there feet'.

• ReeldawgReeldawg Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2017

Great hype video for Clemson recruiting. Get a head injury in when your off the field.

They should just stick with the putt-putt videos.

@Reeldawg said:
    Great hype video for Clemson recruiting. Get a head injury in when your off the field.

Now we know where Kelly Bryant's concussion really came from.

• thehutch40thehutch40 Posts: 442 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Lefty said:
    Is it real? How in the **** can anyone with any authority at Clemson allow that to happen much less let it be videotaped?

It's all over the sport sites now.

So Dabo tells a parent, we'll take care of your son. Trust me. How will that go over now?

• greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Since Trevor Lawrence has the hair of Sampson, maybe he has his strength, too? If so, he should be ok.

• dawghousedawghouse Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Funny thing is not just one numbnuts videoed it (and then uploaded it like a fool) -- but I counted at least FIVE MORE players standing/sitting around also videoing it. I thought Clemson students were supposed to be smart?

@dawghouse said:
    Funny thing is not just one numbnuts videoed it (and then uploaded it like a fool) -- but I counted at least FIVE MORE players standing/sitting around also videoing it. I thought Clemson students were supposed to be smart?

Haven't heard "numb nuts" in a long, long time. That was one of my dad's all-time favorite phrases to describe folks who did dumb things. Made me chuckle.

• MODawgMODawg Posts: 479 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

What's even worse is the idiots are fighting in socks, so if they don't get brain damage or a broken hand, they can slip and tear an acl.

I doubt this will help us with any current Clemson commits but you better believe that it'll affect the decisions of any 2018/2019 kids who haven't yet committed.

• chattdawgchattdawg Posts: 386 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Do we know who the players are that were fighting?

• KingoftheSouthKingoftheSouth Posts: 570 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Eh. Not really a big deal imo. Next.

• bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It doesn't look good but watch the U part II special

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Lefty said:
    You think Trevor Lawrence and any other number of commits or worse their parents are now having second thoughts? Honestly I'm surprised that this is taking place at Clemson, seems much more likely to take place at florida or auburn.

Or F$U date nights...

• FredBearFredBear Posts: 232 ✭✭✭ Junior

Anything that makes Clemson look bad is good with me.

• PolynikesPolynikes Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is small potatoes.