Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia No. 4 in CFP Rankings, remains part of committee debate

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited November 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia No. 4 in CFP Rankings, remains part of committee debate

Georgia football has played teams that are coming off bye weeks 5 of the past 6 weeks, but the College Football Playoff Committee doesn't necessarily have a way to quantify that

Read the full story here

Comments

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't see what there is to debate on Georgia being number 4 in the rankings. No other team within striking distance has three top 15 wins. Alabama certainly does not. Clemson is the team that should be debated as they have no quality wins. Oregon got beat by Auburn, a team we defeated. The SC loss should now be mitigated with the win against Auburn at Jordan-Hare and three top 15 wins overall.

• BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

This weekend will be a test and if Georgia can get past A&M (Let's face it next week is a joke and should not even be on the sked) then that sets up the big game. I know that Alabama will be rooting hard against Georgia. If Georgia can beat LSU then I believe the final standings will be : Ohio, Clemson, Georgia and LSU......That would probably mean Georgia and Clemson in Phoenix. That is what I am hoping for.

• LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree with you on all points...aTm is not gimme, and I want to see us play a complete game, domination wise. Ohio State gets Penn State this weekend, and Michigan next weekend...I guess there's a chance they could lose at least 1, but not likely.

I would love to see UGA play in the Peach Bowl in ATL, but really want the opportunity to play Clemson. I think we can beat them.

Don't count out the likelihood of Auburn beating Alabama at JHS...Malzahf would love to further ruin Saban's season.

I don't really follow Oregon, but they play at Arizona State and they have some key offensive injuries.

Go Dawgs!

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

To me, UGA's 2019 schedule will have been the most difficult and impressive path to a Championship should they win it all. Also very impressive is that BAMA has made it into the CFP every year, wow.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

CFP doesn't seem to have taken SC too seriously in the rankings of late., as UGA has been beating ranked teams. The byes have not been considered either as mentioned in the article. I am not a fan of the CFP as it is set up but that polemic is for another time. UGA is ranked where it is with one loss. Remains top one loss team. It is just a temporary ranking until November 30 in the p.m. for UGA. Then the SEC overall against potentially LSU and UGA will need that win to advance as a candidate for the CFPCG. It is not automatic. One loss may come into play more at regular season's end. Interesting. GO DAWGS!

• DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 265 ✭✭✭ Junior

Man, does not Mullens bloviate, while saying nothing? He should be a politician. By being so elusive, he (they) has plausible deniability when making **** choices like putting Notre Dame before UGA last year. They in the committee are but fine suited charlatans selling snake oil, even as they cook the books to insure certain schools favored by the selection committee get in even when undeserved (Alabama, Ohio State, Notre Dame, LSU, etc.). I remember UGA's not being selected in 2007 because they didn't play in the SEC Championship (pre-playoff era, though), yet no one said a thing when Alabama backed into the playoffs in 2017, though they didn't play in the SEC Championship, either. UGA should have beat Notre Dame in 2007, but LSU jumped over UGA by moving from number six to number two, while jumping UGA, who was ranked number three, though UGA won it's last game, too. Herbstreit was flapping his lips against UGA back then. Alabama should not have been in the 2017 playoffs, so they, would not, and should not, have had the chance to make that last pass that broke my heart. Our time is at hand!!!