Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Ohio State vs Penn State

dawgnation7dawgnation7 Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Would we rather Ohio State win and give Penn State one loss or Ohio State get smashed to show recruits that Ohio State isn’t everything? Im going to watch a lot of football today so let me know the teams to pull for today that benefits UGA the most.

Comments

• insertusernamehereinsertusernamehere Posts: 854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I can’t ever pull for Urban Creyer...plus we don’t recruit against Penn State much. (When we do, though, see Justin Fields!!)

• jc30116jc30116 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Personally, I would hope PSU wins. Already had the suckeyes get in the playoffs with 1 loss over a conference champ. I don't want to run into a scenario where they get in over UGA if both have one loss due to their name.

• Palm_City_DawgPalm_City_Dawg Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@jc30116 said:
    Personally, I would hope PSU wins. Already had the suckeyes get in the playoffs with 1 loss over a conference champ. I don't want to run into a scenario where they get in over UGA if both have one loss due to their name.

Yup...

Added bonus for me is it would shut everyone up at home. Almost a full year of not hearing how great the suckeyes are.

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I join those who say they can never pull for Oscar Meyer. I would prefer OSU be crushed--after so many top recruiting classes mind you--so that we can use it against them in recruiting. I would rather face Penn State in the playoff and see which is the more deserving team in head to head competition.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

I never pull for Ohio unless they're playing Florida. They lose, they are essentially out of the discussion for the playoffs. If Penn State wins I'm one closer to 5-0 in my picks also. So Penn State is the play here

• ReeldawgReeldawg Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

With Ohio St. at #6, I would like to see them take a second loss and knock them out of the playoff picture.

• BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:
    I never pull for Ohio unless they're playing Florida. They lose, they are essentially out of the discussion for the playoffs. If Penn State wins I'm one closer to 5-0 in my picks also. So Penn State is the play here

Please don't confuse "Ohio" with "the" Ohio $tate. (wink)

• dawgnation7dawgnation7 Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Are we supposed to pull for Tennessee to beat Kentucky today?? Florida and Tennessee are teams I’ll never in my life want to see win UNLESS it’s a huge benefit to UGA and even then it’s tough

• indydawgindydawg Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman

The ideal scenario from a UGA perspective is for Penn State to win and knock tOSU out of playoff for good and Penn State lose a cruddy game or two later on.

@BobcatGrad said:

@Kasey said:

Hah...I'm not confused...I just know Ohio State hates being called Ohio. Which they shouldn't, Frank Solich has those boys rolling usually

@BobcatGrad said:

@Kasey said:

Yes totally different. Ohio fans are ok in my book. OSUx fans on the other hand.... I won't post my thoughts in case any kids are reading this

• FredBearFredBear Posts: 232 ✭✭✭ Junior

I don't like either team but I like Meyer even less. I guess I'll have to go with Penn St on this one, it would be nice to see Ohio St eliminated from the playoff hunt. They had no business being there last year and as much as I dislike Clemson it was entertaining to see them bash the Suckeyes like they did.

• Palm_City_DawgPalm_City_Dawg Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@jc30116 said:

@BobcatGrad said:

@Kasey said:

Yes totally different. Ohio fans are ok in my book. OSUx fans on the other hand.... I won't post my thoughts in case any kids are reading this

You have to like Ohio U...they're in Athens, Ohio!

• cf_ugamancf_ugaman Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BobcatGrad said:

@Kasey said:

Fiancee graduated from there she tells me all the time about the "real" Athens

• ColaDawg86ColaDawg86 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I want Penn St to win. Give the Buckeyes two losses and see how the playoff selection committee finds a way to put them in like last year.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All of those NFL prepared DL at THE OSU are getting it handed to them today. Hope recruits are watching!

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

T honk moneybag$ Meyer is going to start having chest pains very soon

@donm said:
    T honk moneybag$ Meyer is going to start having chest pains very soon

Good riddance!

At least he can spend more quality time with the family again