Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Chip Kelly to UF appears all but a done deal

superblackeaglesuperblackeagle Posts: 303 ✭✭✭ Junior

How does this make dawgnation feel? I think it's a home run for the gators

Comments

• moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Depends on how much he freshens up his playbook. If he runs the same old stuff, then there's miles of film on it.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

I am not worried. Scheme change. Affects current players and 2018 recruits. Now they have to get new OL to play this style. Redefine defense that will be on the field longer. He has past infractions with the NCAA and that may not change.

It’s going to take 2 years minimum to be better. He didn’t like recruiting at Oregon, I doubt he will like it now. Also, do kids today even remember him? He was at Oregon...6,7 years ago?

I’d be more worried if it were Dan Mullen or Scott Frost

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Without Nike to attract the players he will find it hard to recruit. His NFL career is unlikely to be highlighted by him.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Denmen185 said:
    Without Nike to attract the players he will find it hard to recruit. His NFL career is unlikely to be highlighted by him.

But I bet he'll be able to score more points that the last 2 inhabitants of his office.

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

@12ed said:
    I feel NOTHING

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@12ed said:
    I feel NOTHING

⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️ THIS

@donm said:

@Denmen185 said:

But I bet he'll be able to score more points that the last 2 inhabitants of his office.

Who is going to be the OC? Does Corral stay? Can Franks throw to his own team? It will take a while. I hope the defensive players get a lot of rest in the off season

• cf_ugamancf_ugaman Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

yup go on and hire CK...not worried about it rather him than some others nice try...

edited November 2017

Sorry @ghostofuga1 Have corrected the DV - thought it was clever but thought it was @12ed hence the DV. UV now

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

@Denmen185 said:
    Sorry @ghostofuga1 Have corrected the DV - thought it was clever but thought it was @12ed hence the DV. UV now

No problem Denman, I'll take one for the 'Ol Gipper.......just to keep him from getting it.... and returned the favor...

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2017

What difference will Chip Kelly make? He'll be fired in 3-4 years when Muschamp, Stoops, and Kirby make it clear that Florida will never be better than fourth in the east for at least a decade.

• Dawgy_FreshDawgy_Fresh Posts: 895 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2017

Doesn’t CK have a racist label from his time in Philly? Or maybe just not able to relate to young people? Im pretty sure it was Brandon Boykins who called him out for it. I think kids/parents will remember that before his success at Oregon.

It’s not the homerun hire it would’ve been before his failed NFL experiment

• KingoftheSouthKingoftheSouth Posts: 570 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

THIS IS A HUGE PROBLEM. Chip was recruiting well but he was pulling players from California. Imagine being in Florida where speed is most players focal point. Yeah two schools can recruit FLA as wellcas him but he also gets thebSEC benefactor and still has Cali ties and can get a top 15 class and step it up. Chip ran the same offense in college for years and it was hard to stop. I think if he gets a D Coordinator that can run the D he will succeed cause not many SEC teams score bunches of points. So he'd be a difference maker.

• ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Chip Kelly failed in NFL. So did Nick Saban. It teaches you something and humbles you. I think he comes back with a fire and vengeance plusba name players can attach themselves to.

• MinnesotaDawgMinnesotaDawg Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think the guy is a good coach and has a weird personality. But so does/did Urban Meyer.

One thing that I do KNOW, is that the guy is also a liar and cheater. Even the pathetic, toothless NCAA caught and punished him as such. Congratulations, Florida.