Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

D'Andre Swift NFL draft's top back, but trending as second-round pick

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited March 2020 in Article commenting

imageD'Andre Swift NFL draft's top back, but trending as second-round pick

Georgia tailback D'Andre Swift has home run-hitter speed and great versatility, but the recent trend among many NFL draft analysts is to project him a second-round pick

Read the full story here

Comments

• VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 336 ✭✭✭ Junior

Swift will make someone very happy.

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Swift would be a steal in the second round. If he stays healthy, he will be the most talked about back in the NFL over the next few years.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

4.48 not as fast as expected? Who are these experts? I watch every UGA game and I could tell you he was faster than Sony and Chubb but not blazing fast. I predicted a 4.50. Missed it by .02 seconds. Guess I need to become an NFL scout. What did they think he would do? 4.40? 4.39? Come on watch the tape. I don't no where they come up with this stuff.

• ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If Swift stays healthy he will end up being an all time great for whichever team picks him. Swift is a playmaker! Go Dogs!

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He'll go 1st round bank on it. Then I'm coming after CBS analysts Pete Prisco (March 13), Chris Trapasso (March 20) and Ryan Wilson's(March 24) job. LOL!

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Who do these experts think is better than Swift.

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The kid out of Wisconsin. I think Swift will be a decent NFL back for a couple of years, maybe, then he'll trend downward -- like Gurley and, apparently Michel. Both Gurley and Michel are still good, but it was clear last year -- for different reasons -- that neither was seen by their teams as the #1 offensive option. Gurley had injuries and Michel just didn't seem to bust through the hole like he did his rookie season. He got pulled off the field a lot by Belechik. We'll see. I'm hoping Swift will be an all-time great, but even before he got hurt this past season, I thought his running was sub-par.