Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

WATCH: Former NFL scout breaks down Jake Fromm's outlook with Buffalo Bills

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited April 2020 in Article commenting

imageWATCH: Former NFL scout breaks down Jake Fromm's outlook with Buffalo Bills

Jake Fromm won a lot of football games at Georgia, but in Buffalo it will be a struggle just to get on the football field

Read the full story here

Comments

• DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I have always compared Fromm to Drew Brees. Similar builds, average arms, but very football smart. I'm surprised that I've never seen scouts make that same comparison.

• rtparkerivrtparkeriv Posts: 90 ✭✭✭ Junior

Scouts had the combine and film from his junior season to evaluate him on. Neither probably gave anybody confidence in his ability. I think he got some poor quarterback coaching in his last year that threw his mechanics off. A couple of accurate throws, not even difficult throws, early against LSU and that could have been a much different game. I hope the Bills help him return to what he was his first two years.

• kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If Fromm had some kind of ounce of speed, he would have been gone in the 1st round instead of ****-it-up Love to the packers, still say that one will wind up as a 1st round bust. Another knock in Fromm, he goes thru his progressions either too fast or too slow. There were so many throws he missed last season because of this. Last thing, stay away from the gloves Fromm, lol.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nagy: “If Jake goes in and does what he needs to do, who knows, maybe he’s in a different uniform in a couple of years.” My hope for Jake cause he's likely not going anywhere with the Bills. They really like "wild man" Josh Allen. He makes things happen. No more reflections on Jake's UGA stint...this is all NFL now...what have you done for them today!!! Jake will do fine....he is smart!

• DGDinNYCDGDinNYC Posts: 748 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great work Mike

• JimmyBobJimmyBob Posts: 197 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think this guy Nagy is secretly Fromm’s agent. He’s always hyping old Jake!

• DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Do not sleep on Jake Fromm. I can tell you, the folks in Buffalo are not. They are VERY high on him. So were the PATS but didn't take a QB (let's not say he won't end up there - just saying). Point is, Nagy is spot on. Watch Jake's QB Country workout tape - mark off how far he's throwing the **** ball, with ease, even moving left. He had a bad combine - so they say - gotta live with it, but most scouts care more about 3 years of game-action tape than those metrics. And, more to the point, Josh Allen is a gamer, but makes some brainless decisions at key moments. We'll see how it plays out, but he was not a consolation prize in Buffalo - not at all. And remember, the OC was the OC for Alabama in the Natty, who saw all of Jake Fromm he could handle. As we say, the proof is always proved on the field so..... stay tuned.