Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

BREAKING: Nation's top CB Tony Grimes makes his college commitment

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited June 2020 in Article commenting

imageBREAKING: Nation's top CB Tony Grimes makes his college commitment

5-star CB Tony Grimes has made his college commitment. Was it Georgia, North Carolina, Ohio State or Texas A&M?

Read the full story here

Comments

• Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Best of luck, young man!

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I wish nothing but the best for Mr. Grimes and his family. Good luck with that goal of winning a National Championship at UNC.

Go Dawgs!

• ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm disappointed he did not choose the Dawgs. I wish him well at. UNC, but I just don't see them ever making the playoffs much less winning a NC.

• ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This is a huge miss, and I really don't need to see the bug headline on our site reminding us about it. Yes, its news but it's not unexpected, so why rub it in?

• DawgDaddyDawgDaddy Posts: 33 ✭✭ Sophomore

If I know Kirby he will not give up until Tony has signed his LOI. I wish him the best of luck and am hoping that he will filp to UGA.

• ATDATD Posts: 258 ✭✭✭ Junior

Best of luck. I'm sure Coach Smart would be happy to accommodate you later if you decide you want to compete for championships.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wish you well, Tony, but I truly believe you should have waited for a visit to UGA....but the pandemic intervened. North Carolina's gain for sure. But many believed NC was always your first choice...or at least a strong leaning throughout. The best to you. UGA will just have to continuing winning without you. If you change your mind...UGA is just down the road a piece.

• RighteousRighteous Posts: 18 ✭ Freshman

Wish he would have been a Dawg, best of luck to the young man. Decision makes sense he wants to play, there is a ton of talent at UGA, Clemson, O State and Bama why not go to a Power 5 school and have a better chance to play day 1.

• RealityBasedDawgFanRealityBasedDawgFan Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

A national championship at UNC? I hope he is planning on playing basketball as well, that is only way he will ever get close to a natty in the northclackalacka. But he has a path to NFL with less injury and wear/tear, only has to play Clemson twice before leaving as Jr. This is really not a bad move for the kid.

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think Tony can accomplish all his goals at NC, save one. If he really wants a National Championship, then he picked the wrong school. That's why I think this may not be over quite yet.

Kirby Smart is about to field perhaps the nations best defense and that's going to be a strong pull for the most talented players. If the offense improves, I think it will, then GA will be in the thick of the National Championship race. NC won't.

Things may change after the games start being played. Kirby and company are going to continue to recruit just as hard as ever. We will see.

• CoachEggCoachEgg Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

His loss. UNC has as much a chance to win the national title as I do of winning the Boston Marathon.

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wishing you all the best, Mr. Grimes. You have the right and deserve to attend the college where YOU believe you'll be happiest. If you believe UNC is that place for you and for your family, then do it and do it well. God bless and Go Dawgs!

• EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Mack Brown is gonna put some heat on Clemson soon. Hope he can keep that energy. Uga will be fine without Grimes

• budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

That makes Ga 0 for 2 in July. I guess competition for playing time is not what he wanted. Since NC has little talent on defense, he should be starting from day 1. I hope that losing Dallas means Ga is in the thick of things for Foreman.

Go DAWGS