Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Mullen pushing for fields

Dawgnation33Dawgnation33 Posts: 52 ✭✭✭ Junior

Gator coworkers are excited fields just followed mullen and others tied to UF on twitter. Do they have a legit shot?

Comments

• DawgsofWarDawgsofWar Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Dawgnation33 said:
    Gator coworkers are excited fields just followed mullen and others tied to UF on twitter. Do they have a legit shot?

Some people just get a warm and fuzzy feeling every time something happens on social media.

• rguy12rguy12 Posts: 37 ✭✭✭ Junior

If you are looking at his followers page on twitter and it shows up first that is because twitter updated the app to show the most recent and active account first. The picture of him following them is from right after Mullen changed his profile and picture to Florida.

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Anyone think Corral decommits? Not sure he fits the mold of a Mullen QB. He’s fairly mobile, but not a straight up dual threat.

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Teddy said:
    Anyone think Corral decommits? Not sure he fits the mold of a Mullen QB. He’s fairly mobile, but not a straight up dual threat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Uhxdpt_6kE
    Corral is a lot more than "fairly mobile."

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

Corral is exactly the kind of 4/5 Star QB Mullen will begin attracting to Florida again. Fields is all DAWG. Too late in the game to switch it up now

• dawgy10dawgy10 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Corral can be better than fields imo

• dawfanfromalabamdawfanfromalabam Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:
    Corral is exactly the kind of 4/5 Star QB Mullen will begin attracting to Florida again. Fields is all DAWG. Too late in the game to switch it up now

Unfortunately, no, it’s not.

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If I’m corral and they start recruiting another qb I’d be ticked!

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

@dawfanfromalabam said:

@Kasey said:

Unfortunately, no, it’s not.

After all he’s been thru, it probably is. Just can’t see him jumping ship less than a month before signing day.

But that’s like, your opinion man (lebowski reference ;)

• ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think Corral sticks. He will be in a two horse race. Corral is the better overall NFL prospect on UF roster but Franks fits the Mullen mold of QB. I think Mullen's first three hires arent crazy great but good and consistent. Grantham is a great recruiter. Whomever will be his OC needs to come in guns blazing to get some weapons. Pierce, Pitts, and Clements will be good starts and they have some tall 3* WRs which Mullen loves. Got 2 top OLine commits also. If he can plug the rest of the OLine and Grantham can attract his normal crazy athletic players then they will be a good team that loses to UGA ha ha ha

• JKFlyfishJKFlyfish Posts: 558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Corral is sticking with UF. As long as Corral is there, JF isn't going to UF PERIOD. For the record, I don't think they have a shot to land him. I think JF's decision to go to UGA was about more than just "system."

• JKFlyfishJKFlyfish Posts: 558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@dawgy10 said:

Regarding the two players as College Qbs, I'm not sure how you can say that. It's hard to tell from their high school tape, but if you watched the Elite 11, Fields out performed Corral and it wasn't close. It's also worth noting that the Elite 11 was all about passing (Qbs were not allowed to run).

As far as NFL prospects, I don't think we have enough data to make that decision. Fields is taller and he weighs more than Corral, but Corral has a stronger arm. But then again, Corral's accuracy is lacking at times. Hard to say.

• HankHank Posts: 328 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I wonder why JF did just start following Mullen and Gator football on twitter ? I know he is all Dawg ...But it makes you think for a moment .

• MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@dawgy10 said:

Lol naw bruh

• DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Hank said:
    I wonder why JF did just start following Mullen and Gator football on twitter ? I know he is all Dawg ...But it makes you think for a moment .

Anyone ever thought he might just be keeping an eye on what the future competitions playing out to be.

He's prob not gonna be in S'ville later today

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

As I've stated on previous topics about JF, why would he want to go to a school that has to rebuild it's program? Even with Mullen, Uf isn't going to a stomp right back into the thick of it for a few years.

He'll definitely have nasty ass gators back to a natl level in 2 years

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

@MacDawg15 said:

He'll definitely have nasty ass gators back to a natl level in 2 years

National to the extent ESPIN or CBS might televise a game or two..