Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia AD Greg McGarity addresses football tailgating, Dawg Walk Florida tickets

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited August 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia AD Greg McGarity addresses football tailgating, Dawg Walk Florida tickets

Georgia football athletic director Greg McGarity has been transparent throughout the COVID-19 crisis, and on Wednesday he shared more information about UGA's reduced stadium attendance plansD

Read the full story here

Comments

• BigDawg64BigDawg64 Posts: 12 ✭ Freshman

There are gonna be some MAAAAAAAAAADDDD season ticket holders. But what we got is what we got.

• BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

Here's what I think will happen....

The students are coming back to school this week. They are all going to be wearing mask and doing everything they have been told...at least publicly...It won't matter though because the rate of infection will sky rocket on college campuses. With this we will also see more players test positive.

The odds of actually playing this year? I would say around 25%. The reason I put I put this number so high is because of the pressure and the money involved. It still comes down to Sankey saying "Yes" or "No". I will guess that in the end Sankey will not make a decision. He will hand that responsibility off to the college presidents who will vote for a season.

If they do have a season this year..........I think they will regret it....They are talking about letting in 20-25% into the stadium...the overall reaction to this is "People are going to be angry and demand tickets".....I think going to a game this year is equivalent to Russian Roulette......I think you will find plenty of tickets available....

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes, steer clear of the season ticket holders...lolol. Only 20-25% attendance at Sanford. ...Who gets the nod? It won't matter if covid cases spike during the fall...the season will end before it begins. Hope for the best. There has certainly been a lot of time spent developing the various season scenarios. To not see a possible Jamie Newman QBing the new offense ....chokes me up! This is the year and this is the team!!!!!!!!

• joelljoell Posts: 34 ✭ Freshman

75% of stadium seats vacant. Fans, coaches, players on sidelines wearing masks and social distancing. The specter of Covid-19 is everywhere. The football atmosphere is just not the same. Is this something to look forward to attending or viewing on tv??