Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Third down demonstrates why Georgia football quarterback Stetson Bennett outplayed Bo NIx

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited October 2020 in Article commenting
imageThird down demonstrates why Georgia football quarterback Stetson Bennett outplayed Bo NIx

The two starting quarterbacks for No. 4 Georgia and No. 7 Auburn could not have more different as recruits. One was the No. 2569 overall recruit in his recruiting class. The other was the No. 33 overall player and No. 1 dual-threat quarterback in the country. A 5-star player. One quarterback was making his first

Read the full story here

Comments

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I said Stetson Bennett was as good as Bo Nix. A few fans of other rival teams acted like I was crazy.

But they had only seen one half of play from the former walk-on QB, and it didn't count because it came against Arkansas.

Stetson Bennett simply outplayed Bo Nix. Now everybody knows who Stetson Bennett is.

• TrippTripp Posts: 512 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Here is the thing that often gets overlooked by sports “EXPERTS”, the media and even coaches. It’s a measurable that can not be measured in inches, can not be graded by velocity and cannot be clocked on a stop watch and that is the competitive heart and determination to win. Stetson Bennett has that mojo. In my opinion, the mind is the most powerful attribute one can possess. Most people think Stetson is over achieving but Stetson thinks “I am the Mailman and I will deliver”. Not have to but WILL deliver.

• Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Man, I am so happy for Stetson! Dude played his tail off last night. He was so poised back there the entire game. Keep it going, Mailman!

GO DAWGS!

• VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can I just say how much I love the OC bringing in Jordan Davis on short yard situations!

poor OlB that has to go against him 😂 😂 😂

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Stetson did a fantastic job on a national stage. He showed a lot of guts, poise, and scrambling ability. He also showed he could air out the ball! Sure, there were a couple of passes that he shouldn't have thrown and a couple of dropped balls that should have been caught. But overall he did great, and the entire team looked night and day different from the week before!

Let's carry this momentum into TN and Bama!

GO DAWGS!!

• DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great write up. Great game for the Georgia Bulldogs. One thought on the nature of fans and writers: had Auburn won most would be pounding the play calling and QB Performance on the three straight Incompletions down near the goal line early in the game.

• DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good call. I will also add the quarterbacks played with different supporting casts and faced different defenses.

• rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I really feel, after last night, that virtually everyone is underrating Arkansas. They whipped the media darlings from last Saturday and I think they will win some more this year.

• budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

You are right. But, I was still bashing it after the game was won. I wanted to see them score a TD, not a FG. Saw that way too much last year in the redzone. More attacking, less settling.

Go Dawgs