Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

JT Daniels on Georgia wide receivers: 'If you're not going to throw it up to them, don't recruit the

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited November 2020 in Article commenting
imageJT Daniels on Georgia wide receivers: 'If you're not going to throw it up to them, don't recruit them'

For really the first time all night, one of Georgia's wide receivers —Kearis Jackson — let JT Daniels down, dropping what would've been a sure touchdown to put Georgia up 31-24 in the fourth quarter. Then on the next play, another wide receiver — George Pickens — dropped what could've been another touchdown. The play

Read the full story here

Comments

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Finally, some game tape that may make our opponents think twice about totally selling out to stop the run!

It is still troubling that so many passes were batted down.

• RighteousRighteous Posts: 18 ✭ Freshman

Well said JT "if you not going to throw it up to them don't recruit them".

• budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Now after it is all over, I can focus on what I witnessed.

The passing game, is what ALL the fans wanted to see. But the running game was a joke. It looked like to me, the o-line focused sooooo much on pass protection, they really didn't seem to work on run blocking.

I understand that Miss St sold out on stopping the run, but better teams wont. I couldn't believe it when they had nobody back on 3rd and 20. But running the ball is what GA does, and is who they are. Maybe massive pass protection was just to keep JT upright and safe, and going forward, we will see more attacking the defense with running the ball.

The only drawback to me was, the deep passes (were super sweet), did allow Ga to score quick, which caused Ga to get beat in T.O.P. again. I would imagine that if they are able to run the ball, like normal then that would change, hopefully.

Now defense, let's leave that one alone. Zone coverage for a team that usually plays man to man, was definitely a bad decision. But the zone was ok, the problem was they played it 10 yards back, and the passes were thrown 3-7 yards. The longest throw was only about 15 yards or so that got taken 40-50 yards for a score.

Go Dawgs!!

• TIMLAW10TIMLAW10 Posts: 46 ✭✭ Sophomore

Not only does JT kill it in the game, he absolutely slays in this presser. Impressive on both counts.

• DawgByteDawgByte Posts: 416 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Very happy for this young man and hope he tears it up the rest of the way!

• 87Dawg_1187Dawg_11 Posts: 75 ✭✭✭ Junior

It's amazing how the false narrative of the receivers not being good enough goes away when the QB gives them an opportunity. It takes a combination of arm strength and accuracy and unfortunately the other QBs didn't possess that combination. It's like all the LSU receivers that leave there and go on to the NFL and are highly productive. UGA has recruited the WR position well, it time to get those young men involved.