Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Gunner Stockton: The got-to-know stories about the new Bulldog

SystemSystem Posts: 7,421 admin
edited January 2021 in Article commenting
imageGunner Stockton: The got-to-know stories about the new Bulldog

What sort of player and person did Georgia just add to the program in the 2022 class? DawgNation has compiled the 2-3 stories you have to know about Stockton with him now on his way to UGA.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SmokeOnTheWaterSmokeOnTheWater Posts: 66 ✭✭ Sophomore

You might want to edit the video...he is no longer a South Carolina commitment.

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm speechless. This is awesome but how are we going to be able to keep, Brock and Gunner for the two years they are together before Brock turns pro?

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wow, I still can't believe we grabbed him but getting high profile QBs to commit seems to be our forte. There's probably not a more appropriate name for a powerful QB than Gunner.

I love Smart, but... What are the chances both him and Brock are still on the team in 2 years. Honestly, I'd say there's probably a higher percent chance that neither are on the team. Oh well. If that happens, Kirby will just grab some more from the Transfer portal.

I'm still in shock though. Amazing news.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Why would anyone just assume that Brock beats out Gunner? I'm glad we have both or should have, if commitments are kept, but if JT starts and plays all year then Brock learns the offense and in that sense could be considered slightly ahead of the mental stuff but that doesn't mean he gets the nod and the other guy "waits his turn." No one told that to Trevor Lawrence, as a matter of fact Clemson already had a guy in the system who had been successful, but Lawrence's talent won out, the other guy transferred, the rest is history.

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 791 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The 2022 Spring game should be epic! RS Freshman BVG and Freshman Gunner slinging it out!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Brock may be the guy, may be a better leader, he seems to be more outspoken that Gunner, a natural born leader and maybe with his throwing talent and physical strength that translates to winning the job. But for my money , Gunner's passing leaps off the screen in video. HIs arm talent and running ability are better than Brock's. Brocks delivery is a little bit baseballish, (wind-up) IMO.

Gunner has better technique, quicker delivery and if you look at Brock's throws(as in 30-40) you will see times when his passes come out wobbly. I didn't see that one time with Gunner's passes in the tape provided in the first announcement.

Why should Gunner wait 3 years to get "his turn" if he is the better QB? Doesn't make sense. Maybe good for UGA if they were both equal in terms of Brock gets 3 years and Gunner redshirts and he gets 2 years, (that is if Brock leaves in 3 after redshirting in 2021).

What if Brock wants to play his senior year, then Gunner accepts 1 year of starting? LOL! Dream on.