Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia and JT Daniels doubted by some, ‘Way-Too-Early’ mock draft suggests otherwise

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited May 2021 in General
imageGeorgia and JT Daniels doubted by some, ‘Way-Too-Early’ mock draft suggests otherwise

Georgia will produce record numbers in 2022 NFL Draft

Read the full story here

Comments

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'd have both Daniels and Corral ranked ahead of any QB in this top 5. An absolute joke of a top 5.

• JimmyBobJimmyBob Posts: 197 ✭✭✭ Junior

Love the homer-ism, Mike, but some of the guys listed here are UFAs, if they are lucky. If you are in your 6th season of college football, pretty unlikely you are going to have some great breakout and get drafted.

• brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 322 ✭✭✭ Junior

Sure it ultimately boils down to what happens on the field, but the number of players drafted can and does have a HUGE impact on the health of a program. And if you take away the LONG SNAPPER (which I'm not sure I've ever seen, although it has probably happened at some point) UGA and UA are tied at 9.

• stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

8 first round selections would tie Alabama and Miami for the most ever. 15 first and second round selections would be a new record. 22 selections from the same school in the same year would also be a new record. All of this is a significant increase from 2021; 1 vs 8, and 9 vs 22. Since those selected in rounds 2 and 3 were lumped together, it is difficult to compare but it is still a significant difference and would also be a new draft record.

If this is even close to being an accurate assessment of the talent for this season, then anything less than a national championship would mean a complete and total failure by Kirby and his staff.

• MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Remember, it lists the "Ceiling" for the players, I agree, there are likely undrafted free agents on this list as well as players who will return for another year or maybe two at Georgia.

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hopefully every guy on those lists above is taking a long hard look at where UGA guys that leave with eligibility and Bama guys that stay 4 years go in the draft. Unless you are GUARANTEED to be a 1st rd pick you should come back.

Making this a “ceiling” is a nice caveat. I dare say any team that recruited year in and year out in the top 15 could make a list just like yours.

edited May 2021

Still it would seem anything less than a national championship would be a greater disappointment than in previous years

• emanresuemanresu Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think that Daniels has the makeup and skillset of a great QB and my only question about him is he's only about 210 lbs. His height (Listed as 6'3) is fine and he has a strong accurate arm and a fiery disposition that guys tend to rally around so assuming good health throughout the 2021 season and through the pre-draft process Daniels profiles as a 1st rounder and will probably go between the 15th and 25th pick depending on who's in need of a really good starting NFL QB that has the skillset, demeanor, and maturity to take the reigns day 1.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If I were CKS I would be showing all my players considering coming out early in the Draft in 2022 the BAMA players who came back for 2020 and went in the 1st round in 2021 and how much MORE they made then coming out early and being selected lower. We're talking millions in some cases.

• DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

Good Lord, DawgNation. Since when did the NFL draft become a competition? Y’all need to shut this crap up before Bama fans all lose their voices laughing at UGA fans. How about we beat Bama on a football field before y’all write anything else about that program.