Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia players absent on 2022 Mel Kiper Jr. NFL Draft ‘Big Board’

SystemSystem Posts: 7,421 admin
edited May 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia players absent on 2022 Mel Kiper Jr. NFL Draft ‘Big Board’

ATHENS — Georgia coach Kirby Smart is constantly on the lookout for complacency, but we needn’t worry about that where the initial player rankings from ESPN expert Mel Kiper Jr. are concerned.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Eh, I'm not concerned with a mock draft for a season over 3 months away... from starting. Might as well speculate on Vandagriff's NFL spot LOL.

How about a win against Clemson, first?

• Options
    brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 322 ✭✭✭ Junior

Fairly interesting, especially on a slow news day. But the reality is that Kiper is mostly clueless.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2021

Kiper also said Tyson Campbell was a 1st round pick.. And Eric Stokes was projected as a much later pick, not a 1st round pick, by the "expert" Kiper.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yawn...

Thankfully there's not a big dose of Rat Poison to process.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    BassDawgBassDawg Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior

Kiper is senile and needs to retire.

• Options
    Alexander_the_LateAlexander_the_Late Posts: 42 ✭✭✭ Junior

"Georgia players absent on 2022 Mel Kiper Jr. NFL Draft ‘Big Board’"

Nolan Smith was the only 2022 draft eligible player even mentioned, with near-maximum brevity. Other than that, the article title should have been written without the word "absent".

Did the bottom half of the article get accidentally deleted, or did Mike forget that he was meaning to discuss the "absent" players? I dunno. Mike's really good at what he does, so it's a real head-scratcher, for me, as it contained only one sentence about an "absent from Kiper's list" player.

I'd really like to read the article that matches the title he gave this one. Mike's still the best reporter at DN (sorry, Jeff, but trying to make sure every sentence contains a metaphor or pop culture reference---which started a couple years ago---is tiresome), and he's perhaps the best reporter who covers the Dawgs, period. (I haven't really compared them all, as most articles by others are behind a paywall and I'm disabled, but I do know he's **** good at his job and there's no one I'd rather tune in to watch/listen to. Last week was disappointing, with both the Thursday and Friday night shows Mike would have been on being cancelled(?). Ruined those nights for me, ugh! I wish I was into something else nearly as much as I'm into The Dawgs, but neither fishing nor guns, painting, or music brings me as much joy as following UGA football, but those things are practically still in the starting blocks while The Dawgs are bending the tape at the finish line.)

• Options
    MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Alexander_the_Late -- sorry for the confusion! Absent as in "not present" in the Big Board -- which is the Top 25 players. I apologize if I wasn't more clear. The Big Board is the Top 25 players. In addition to the Big Board, Kiper ranked the Top 10 at each position -- and where clearly lots of players in the Top 10.

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

Who cares about a NFL draft 11 months away? DawgNation, that's who. Apparently now a year round obsession at DawgNation will be, "can UGA have more draft picks than Alabama?" That's so embarrassing. Me, I'll take a team where nobody gets drafted, as long as everybody leaves it all on the field every game, yes even the LAST GAME!