Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia basketball non-conference slate features home dates with Memphis, Georgia Tech

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited August 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia basketball non-conference slate features home dates with Memphis, Georgia Tech

ATHENS — Coach Tom Crean’s reloaded Georgia basketball team will open the season on Nov. 9 against Florida International, one of 10 non-conference home games this season at Stegeman Coliseum.

Read the full story here

Comments

• natejawsnatejaws Posts: 162 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited August 2021

I don't think this team will get to double digit victories. I think an interesting prop bet would be what team pays the most per victory. The 4 year experiment has failed and crean was not an improvement over Fox. Hes had 1 good recruiting class and they ALL transferred after 2 years.

• JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

I for one am still rooting for Coach Crean and hopeful he can get the program going back in the right direction. Ours is not an easy coaching job and precious few have been successful at sustaining success with the program. Firing the coach every 3-4 years hasn't been successful either, so I am not ready to throw him under the bus. It's not like high profile B-Ball coaches are clamoring to come to Athens.

I know that DawgNation will support the team if they show any signs of being competitive. Go Dawgs and Go Tom Crean!

• AlysiadawgAlysiadawg Posts: 63 ✭✭ Sophomore

Well the transfers are happening everywhere. Even duke, Kentucky and all the blue bloods of Cbb have had their fair share of transfers. Even players that even play are entering the draft from schools like duke. The only problem I see is that we have huge college basketball tournaments played in Atlanta and we still can’t recruit at least some of the best in those tournaments? I know UGA is a football school first, but so are some of the other great bb schools. Idk.