Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Boom Goes Cox!

Hebrew735Hebrew735 Posts: 20 ✭✭ Sophomore

Brenton Cox is now a Dawg! Oh Let the Big Dawg Eat!

Comments

• EastAtlDawgEastAtlDawg Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bro am I alive did we really haul in all this talent.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BobcatGrad said:
    I hope everybody can now say that Tray Scott is an asset and not a liability!

Was coach Scott his chief recruiter?

• LazendaddyLazendaddy Posts: 120 ✭✭✭ Junior

@donm said:

@BobcatGrad said:

Ill admit it. I was not high on Tray Scott especially after we lost Wynn to Alabama and Cox to Ohio State. I was an early hater. I apologize and admit I was wrong.

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Lazendaddy said:

@donm said:

@BobcatGrad said:

Ill admit it. I was not high on Tray Scott especially after we lost Wynn to Alabama and Cox to Ohio State. I was an early hater. I apologize and admit I was wrong.

Scott didn’t have anytime to establish a relationship with those guys before they committed. Got to give him, and other new position coaches, a little time.

• MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yikes. That guy can really move at 250. A couple years from now, maybe 270? This class with Adam Anderson, Cox, and Ojulari. I think the rest of the SEC just gave out a collective sigh!

• BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@BobcatGrad said:

There were plenty of people who complained that Scott was a bad hire when Cox committed to Ohio State.

• MyKeithbb09MyKeithbb09 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Lazendaddy said:

@donm said:

@BobcatGrad said:

No disrespect but Scott had nothing to do with Cox. Cox had a relationship with UGA way before Scott,now Scott may be getting the credit but he didn't bring in Cox. Regardless I'm glad Cox is a Dawg & if Scott is the reason Glory Hallelujah Then!!!

• TheSmartWayTheSmartWay Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Scott will be a decent recruiter in his own right throughout his tenure, but I believe his strong suit is on the practice field.

• moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So Cox committed but didn't sign?

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@moos said:
    So Cox committed but didn't sign?

Cox has signed.

• moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks guys 247 still shows him as committed not signed when I last checked

• DawgNutDawgNut Posts: 638 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MyKeithbb09 said:

@Lazendaddy said:

@donm said:

@BobcatGrad said:

No disrespect but Scott had nothing to do with Cox. Cox had a relationship with UGA way before Scott,now Scott may be getting the credit but he didn't bring in Cox. Regardless I'm glad Cox is a Dawg & if Scott is the reason Glory Hallelujah Then!!!

Whatever relationship he had with UGA wasn't enough to keep him away from OSU so maybe Scott had some influence after he got settled in.

• BullyDawgBullyDawg Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

HERE is UGA's official list of 17 signees. 17 is also the number Kirby kept referring to.

• Hebrew735Hebrew735 Posts: 20 ✭✭ Sophomore

Now make that 18....Joseph Nadab is now a Dawg...

• MyKeithbb09MyKeithbb09 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭ Junior

@DawgNut said:

@MyKeithbb09 said:

@Lazendaddy said:

@donm said:

@BobcatGrad said:

Whatever relationship he had with UGA wasn't enough to keep him away from OSU so maybe Scott had some influence after he got settled in.

You Just mait be right & I'm so happy for whatever happen to get him at UGA. GoDawgs

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2017

@MyKeithbb09 said:

@Lazendaddy said:

@donm said:

@BobcatGrad said:

Tray Scott will be his position coach. Of course he had something to do with it.

And a main reason that came out as to why Cox said he went to OSU was he wasn’t completely sure UGA could develop him into an NFL player. Who is most responsible for developing the players? The position coach has got to be a big part of that.

That said, I remember hearing something not long ago on BA’s podcast. Pretty sure BA played a recorded interview where he said one thing that’s changed with him is that it’s really a lot more the player than the coach that determines whether or not the player goes to the NFL. So he may still think OSU has better coaches for him personally. It’s just that who the coaches are probably went down in importance. Not that it’s unimportant to him, probably just not as absolute of a defining criteria for him as it was.