Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

What, and who, Georgia football is looking for in next offensive line coach

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited February 2022 in Article commenting
imageWhat, and who, Georgia football is looking for in next offensive line coach

Georgia football is looking for a new offensive line coach to replace Matt Luke.

Read the full story here

Comments

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'd say no to Mr Friend. Prior to Pittman, UGA underachieved at recruiting OL especially from the deep talent pool in GA. Granted the facilities are much better to recruit to now. The other guys I know nothing about.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Will Friend? Seriously?

• MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Not taking up for Friend but he coached under CMR. Different philosophy and higher expectations would bring different results most likely, I trust CKS in making this hire....

• BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hard not to like Nick Jones. DGD.

• RedPantsDawgRedPantsDawg Posts: 174 ✭✭✭ Junior

Will Friend?! Why not bring back Willie Martinez too?!

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Brent Key would be great, but that would upset the Techies big time!!! He’s currently making $750,000 and coached the OL for 3 years under Saban. He also coached special teams one year at Bama.

• KudzuKudzu Posts: 353 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited February 2022

Taking a different perspective, focusing on the writeup itself: now THIS is a really good article. Solid fact-finding, not predominantly rehashing same (or predominantly sourced from some competing media-site) info, unbiased, very strong analysis, and really intriguing options to start an informed debate amongst DawgNation followers. Thoroughly enjoyed it, and it has started my own thinkin' wheels moving... well done, Connor! 💪👍️

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You know, I have no idea who Kirby would want to include in his UGA football "culture." Nick Jones might fit?

• CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 632 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Whomever comes, we are STOCKED at OL in '22 and probably through '23. Broderick Jones is a monster, and Mims will be one. Van Pran, McLendon and Ericson bring top-level experience; the first two should compete for All-SEC honors. I hope Ratledge recovers fully because he seemed set for a big year before he went down. Micah Morris and Xavier Truss could be starters on most SEC teams. Etc. Etc.

But we didn't sign any 5 stars this year, and there aren't as many high-ranked offensive lineman from the region in 2023 as there usually are. So recruitment in the out years looks like a challenge. Can never get enough good tackles and guards.

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not no, but he!! no to Will Friend! Yes, he was on CMR’s staff and was the reason the OL was an absolute mess when Kirby took over. Anybody remember Kirby having to bring in Tyler Catalina from D-II RHODE ISLAND to play left tackle? I hope someone tells Kirby that Will Friend was mentioned as an OL coaching candidate. Kirby could use a good belly laugh!

• zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 410 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Anyone but that retread Will Friend. Why would he be on this list?

• ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Anyone except Friend. He was mediocre before and we can't afford that again.

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Conner Riley, "The 2022 offensive line is also loaded with Georgia prospects such as Broderick Jones, Warren McClendon, Tate Ratledge and Amarius Mims."

What...are Erikson and Van Pran chopped liver or does DawgNation just not consider Centers as offensive linemen? How do you leave Van Pran, arguably UGA's best Center in years, off that list? Just askin.