Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Looking Ahead to the 2018 Schedule

hotdawg11hotdawg11 Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

I believe this year one of the most exciting games was that road game vs Notre Dame. That was a once in a decade type game since we don’t ever play them.

I found myself looking at the 2018 schedule and at first glance I thought we really didn’t have that type of game on our schedule this year. After 2nd thoughts I changed my mind. I do believe next year there could be a game that matches the magnitude of that game, LSU!

Now I realize the game is towards the middle of the season, but the key point is the game is at Death Valley. The last time we won in Death Valley was nearly 15 years ago.

I’m getting way ahead of myself but could you imagine an undefeated Georgia Bulldawgs team rolling into Death Valley vs an undefeated LSU with an 8pm kickoff. One word ELECTRIC.

Comments

• cf_ugamancf_ugaman Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

already looking at tix for that game cant wait!

• hotdawg11hotdawg11 Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

@CharlestowneDawg said:
    We beat LSU in Death Vally 2008. Let's lay it on 'em again for the 10th anniversary.

You are absolutely right we did. For some reason I thought that game was in Athens, but I was wrong.

• SwiftyManSwiftyMan Posts: 235 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I plan to go watch UGA beat a 3-3 LSU team....don’t see their record being any better than 4-2, at best

• BiggerBadDawgBiggerBadDawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I told my wife when the schedule was released that this is our Notre Game trip for 2018. Should be a awesome experience for any Dawg fan that has not ever been. If it is a night game, I can mark it off the “ Bucket List”

• mqg96mqg96 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@CharlestowneDawg said:
    We beat LSU in Death Vally 2008. Let's lay it on 'em again for the 10th anniversary.

We beat LSU in Death Valley in 1998 too. The 1998 and 2008 Georgia teams beat mediocre LSU teams in Death Valley in the same season they had disastrous games against revenge minded Florida teams after beating them handily in 1997 and 2007. Let's hope 2018 doesn't give us a similar result.

• HotDiggetyDawgHotDiggetyDawg Posts: 109 ✭✭✭ Junior

I was at the LSU game where Moreno ran all over them. Best away game atmosphere I've experienced (granted I didn't go to ND or Rose Bowl game). When it comes time, I can also give recommendations on restaurants because I lived there for a while and they have some incredible food in that area. Better than New Orleans IMO.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2018

We actually lost the game 15 years ago. The under 35 crowd in Baton Rouge is the most inbred, swamp dwelling, cousin lovin’, RUDE bunch of people Ive ever experienced. That place is barely considered civilization once you lose sight of the stadium. They were awful in 2003 when we lost 17-10. I will give them this. That place is loud, and it isnt even a full bowl. Staying in ‘Nola is the way to go.

• HotDiggetyDawgHotDiggetyDawg Posts: 109 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Bankwalker said:
    Staying in ‘Nola is the way to go.

100% agree on staying in Nola. Plenty of charter buses that people can chip in to take over to BR. Baton Rouge has incredible food, but nothing special beyond that and the stadium. I may have been lucky as we ended up hanging out with some great LSU fans for a while before the game. Played beer pong and once they lost, they faithfully honored their deal and screamed It's Great to be a Georgia Bulldog through their megaphone for a solid 5 minutes.
    On a side note, our ladies are the best in the SEC, but they have great eye candy there too wearing cowboy boots with dresses.

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tickets won’t be as available as they were for Notre Dame.
    I’d love to make the show of a uga home game in lsu, but those fans are rabid. Doesn’t matter if they went o for ever the year before, they will pack it out.

Make sure to wear rain gear too... so many stories of urine filled bottles hurled at opposing fans... classy Cajuns.

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bmauldin said:
    Tickets won’t be as available as they were for Notre Dame.
    I’d love to make the show of a uga home game in lsu, but those fans are rabid. Doesn’t matter if they went o for ever the year before, they will pack it out.

Make sure to wear rain gear too... so many stories of urine filled bottles hurled at opposing fans... classy Cajuns.

Tossing things at opposing fans is a sport there, I believe.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@chattanoogadawg said:
    We shouldn't get too ahead of ourselves. That week 2 trip to Columbia will be the chickens' Super Bowl

Yeah, that seems to me to be our toughest game, on paper.

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Looking at our schedule, I'm wondering if our "resume" will be all that strong come playoff time.

• AgDawgAgDawg Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JayDog said:
    Looking at our schedule, I'm wondering if our "resume" will be all that strong come playoff time.

I don't think it matters too much, as long as you're a 1-loss or undefeated SEC team. This is assuming all the other Conf Champs aren't all undefeated. It could certainly affect our bowl match up, but if we win the SEC again we should be in. That would probably require beating Alabama in the SECCG with games against Auburn, @LSU, and what should be a top 25 South Carolina team, plus an OOC game against the North Avenue Trade School.

• chattanoogadawgchattanoogadawg Posts: 151 ✭✭✭ Junior

@AgDawg I agree with you here. By having the OOC game every year against a Power 5 program, it is not necessarily a requirement for us to have a Notre Dame each season. Does it help? Sure. But we will start the season in the top 5. The only team that can mess up our playoff chances is our own.

• BoroDawgBoroDawg Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JayDog said:

Doesn't matter as long as we win the SEC.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JayDog said:

How strong was Bama's ? They lost to the best team the played (Auburn) and had a bunch of wins against the Sister of the Pool and teams of that ilk.

• TARDAWGTARDAWG Posts: 66 ✭✭ Sophomore

My favorite away venue in the SEC! Great tailgating with great people who share GREAT food!!