Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Luke Bennett, brother of Stetson, commits to Georgia as preferred walk-on

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited March 2022 in Article commenting
imageLuke Bennett, brother of Stetson, commits to Georgia as preferred walk-on

Another Bennett will be joining the Bulldogs this fall, as Luke Bennett committed to Georgia as a preferred walk-on. Bennett’s older brother is Georgia quarterback Stetson Bennett.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2022

What are Luke's stats, story and measurables!?

I know Stet's. Would like some info on his brother if its out there. Unless I missed it in the article.

Thanks!

• 97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited March 2022

The site https://recruitgeorgia.com/players/luke-bennett-wrpierce-co/ has info on Luke, including highlights.

HT: 5’11”

WT: 180

Class: 2022

40: 4.52

Here's the site's review of him: "Bennett has been a productive two-way contributor the last few seasons at Pierce County. The speedy receiver was heavily utilized in their passing attack, but in general, Pierce County is a run-heavy team. The senior managed to make up for 50% of their passing attack in 2021. Bennett has a good long running stride. He comes out of his release with good speed hitting his top end acceleration quickly. At 5’11” and 180 lbs. Bennett has a solid frame to continue to add weight. He has a good feel reading the pass deep and was heavily utilized on long passes throughout his career. Bennett is a smooth athlete. He doesn’t show much variation as a route runner and mostly uses his good top end speed in the open field, so his elusiveness is not always on full display. In general, Bennett makes pretty smart cut backs and looks pretty solid making adept quick cuts in small spaces. His recruitment has picked up pace very late with New Hampshire and UGA (PWO) entering the picture."

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Welcome! We can always use more WRs.

• EastmandawgEastmandawg Posts: 143 ✭✭✭ Junior

Shades of Doug & Darren Flutie….

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2022

He looked a lot like LMcConkey in the highlight video I saw. Maybe not quite as fast. This preferred walkon designation brings up an interesting dilemma UGA currently faces. The word is that LTOverton is ready to commit to his college program. The kerfuffle is that LTO is a "package deal" with his brother ( 6'3" 205 lb TE transfer from Liberty). UGA is already over the 85 limit with the commitments scheduled to come in in June. As is, UGA will need multiple players to hit the TP before the summer arrivals. THAT is BEFORE adding Overton and his brother. Overton's final 3 are reported to be UGA, aTm and OR. Only OR has offered the brother a full ride.

• Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • chilidawg1chilidawg1 Posts: 154 ✭✭✭ Junior

Was this about Luke or Stetson?

• kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Hit the nail on the head with ATM. He OVed there this past weekend and now wants to commit. 🤷‍♂️

And back to the article. We need Luke's full story, not stetson's for the 15,000th time since the season ended. Too much copy and paste at dawgnation.

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

High quality walk ons can help a team be better. And if the walk on is willing to pour his heart and soul into practice and the classroom Hey he has a chance as is indicated by some of the players named in the comments. I wish him and all the walk on guys the very best. Chase your dreams guys, life is so short, give it every thing you have !! And even if you don’t make it your Young life is very far from over !! Still plenty of time to go to plan B if things don’t work out. Trust me I wish I’d have took my own advice so many times !! Go for the gusto !!