Zamir White

JesupdawgJesupdawg Posts: 398 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Has anyone heard how his rehabilitation is coming ?

Comments

• UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There was an article in the AJC not too long ago that said he was ahead of schedule.

• JesupdawgJesupdawg Posts: 398 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@UnderDog68 said:
    There was an article in the AJC not too long ago that said he was ahead of schedule.

That’s good news, hope and pray he recovers totally and gets a chance to play this upcoming season

• UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I know it was a tear, but even Zeus said that he didn't think he was really hurt. He walked off the field under his own power, and then on the next series, he said he felt like something wasn't right. My son even showed me a picture of him out bowling a couple of days before his surgery.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@UnderDog68 said:
    I know it was a tear, but even Zeus said that he didn't think he was really hurt. He walked off the field under his own power, and then on the next series, he said he felt like something wasn't right. My son even showed me a picture of him out bowling a couple of days before his surgery.

Even though people say it wasn’t that bad, bowling on a tear makes me shutter. I would thing the bowling form would hurt the knee

• PolynikesPolynikes Posts: 819 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

You can walk after an ACL tear, so that doesn't mean a whole lot for him to walk off the field. It is an injury that doesn't require surgery, but if you're a football player and do a lot of cutting, directional changes, etc, it needs to be fixed. Tons of people walking around with ACL tears. He has to get his fixed bc of his profession.

• hall1138hall1138 Posts: 100 ✭✭✭ Junior

Worst case is that he gets fully healthy next January. We put him in the NC Game and he rushes for 4 TDs because no one has film.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 4,790 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Maybe we can break him out the same way Bama broke out Najee Harris

• Tdub0199Tdub0199 Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@UnderDog68 said:

It was actually the night before his surgery...

• orlandoorlando Posts: 807 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

He’ll be ready come Fall.

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 891 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Kasey said:
    Maybe we can break him out the same way Bama broke out Najee Harris

Lol, I like it

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 891 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

He seems like he is really trying to be humble, but is very eager to be a Dawg. You can tell he can’t wait to don the G

• BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 387 ✭✭✭ Junior

I say red shirt him this year....in the end he would thank us for it.

Knowshon did redshirt and took over top spot next season after Brown was injured.

• MyKeithbb09MyKeithbb09 Posts: 431 ✭✭✭ Junior

@orlando said:
    Knowshon did redshirt and took over top spot next season after Brown was injured.

Knowshon didn't have ACL surgery either when he was redshirted that year.

@MyKeithbb09 said:

@orlando said:

Knowshon didn't have ACL surgery either when he was redshirted that year.

If White is 100% ready to go, I think he’ll play. The kid seems determined to make it happen.

@KingKirby said:

@BoulderDawg said:

You think Zeus is going to be in Athens for 5 years?

There's zero point in redshirting him.

If he didn't have the problem with his ACL then NO I wouldn't red shirt the kid with all of his talent. It does take time after having ACL surgery that's all I'm saying.

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MyKeithbb09 said:

@KingKirby said:

@BoulderDawg said:

You think Zeus is going to be in Athens for 5 years?

There's zero point in redshirting him.

If he didn't have the problem with his ACL then NO I wouldn't red shirt the kid with all of his talent. It does take time after having ACL surgery that's all I'm saying.

You don’t redshirt someone that will only be at UGA three years anyway. He may or may not be ready at the beginning of the year, but nothing wrong with using him for the final leg of the season and potential SECCG. The recruiting services have said he’s likely the best running back over the past 3 or so years. You don’t let that kind of potential sit. And the staff will obviously let him fully heal before he takes the field... simply put, get him on the [email protected] field as soon as he’s cleared.

You have a point but they said he was the best before his ACL went bad also.Most don't come back better & yes I know some have came back very good but for the 1 RB that comes back better Its 5 RB that don't also. He is a very good RB & I hope he play this year & do some great things for us & help us achieve our goals as a team. If he play this year I will be cheering him on louder than Anyone.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He was the one the one I was most excited in this class. Love me a good RB, but if he is ready then work him, if he isn’t rehab him. I am confident things wont be pushed with him because its not necessary and also because of the young man’s health. I just hope the legend status continues.

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MyKeithbb09 said:
    You have a point but they said he was the best before his ACL went bad also.Most don't come back better & yes I know some have came back very good but for the 1 RB that comes back better Its 5 RB that don't also. He is a very good RB & I hope he play this year & do some great things for us & help us achieve our goals as a team. If he play this year I will be cheering him on louder than Anyone.

Can you name RBs that didn’t come back the same at a 5:1 ratio you mentioned? And please make sure it’s in the last 10 or so years. Knee injuries used to be detrimental to someone’s career 30+ years ago, but now it’s usually a 9-12 month process and they’re back to the same. And this happened to a 17-18 year old, not a 30+ year old already on his way out of the NFL.

• ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wouldnt say a 5 to 1 ratio I'd go higher lol.

219 NFL players from 2010 to 2013 tore their ACLs. 60 of which had been running backs. 18% of which re-tear their ACLs. Most dont come back the same. AP is a different freak than 99.9% of the NFL period. Thats NFL imagine the numbers in college or the increased rate in recent years.

• SWARLES_BARKLEYSWARLES_BARKLEY Posts: 269 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Thelordjohnson said:
    I wouldnt say a 5 to 1 ratio I'd go higher lol.

219 NFL players from 2010 to 2013 tore their ACLs. 60 of which had been running backs. 18% of which re-tear their ACLs. Most dont come back the same. AP is a different freak than 99.9% of the NFL period. Thats NFL imagine the numbers in college or the increased rate in recent years.

Those are numbers, just not ones that begin to back up your claim of 5 to 1 never being the same. Just another “most don’t come back the same” thrown in there. That used to be true. Nowadays it’s less than a year to play again, and up to another year to regain explosiveness and confidence.

• BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 387 ✭✭✭ Junior

Coming back the same? Well.......all I can see is I would have loved to see Chubb's numbers had he not got hurt......Also some where I read in here "He is ahead of schedule in rehab".... I've never read a single article saying someone was behind schedule........In any case I still say red shirt him and get three good years.....

• donmdonm Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 12

@MyKeithbb09 said:

Keith, where did you get your 1 in 5 ratio? Is there something to read about that? A source? just interested in learning more about it. Not disputing it.

• strange_noahstrange_noah Posts: 58 ✭✭✭ Junior

I wouldn’t worry about Zamir not coming back full strength and being the same player. One like some of you have said he’s young, but I think the biggest thing is he seems to have that drive to attack his rehab each day. Most players you hear doing that come back equally as good as they were. The ACL injury isn’t the same as it used to be people recover very well from that. I mean Thomas Davis, Willis Mcgahee, Todd Gurley, AP, and many more. Chubby injury doesn’t compare because it was so gruesome and he didn’t even tear his ACL. I’m not worried one bit and if Courson clears him and says he’s ready by camp then all means I trust him to get ready. The biggest part about tearing the ACL is getting the mental aspect out of you head and some of Zamir’s comments lead me to believe he isn’t really affected mentally. Also the fact of how he was acting post injury.

• oldon42oldon42 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I do not care if Zamir White is red shirted or not. I just want what is best for Zamir White. I think the best thing for Georgia long term is to take good care of Zamir White. He he can play whenever he is fully healthy. I do not think Chubb was fully healthy in 2016 no matter what he said and that worries me about Zamir. Everything I have seen about Zamir makes me believe he would try and play if his legs were torn off.