Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Nick Saban heaps more praise on Jermaine Burton after Alabama Scrimmage Two

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited April 2022 in Article commenting
imageNick Saban heaps more praise on Jermaine Burton after Alabama Scrimmage Two

Georgia had to play SEC powerhouse Alabama twice en route to winning the CFP Championship last season, and it’s a good bet the Tide will stand in the Bulldogs’ path again in 2022.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

OK Dawgnation wouldn't let me in!

Anyway, I'm not sure why dawgnationers are supposed to be interested in what Saban sez about a tide player.

• ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Mike - why are we talking about a former Dawg? Burton plays for the enemy. Please don't waste our time nor this site with news about former Dawgs who decided to leave.

• 2statedawg2statedawg Posts: 21 ✭ Freshman

I thought this is a site for the Georgia Bulldogs???

• CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 632 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Burton and Jahmyr Gibbs plug some holes for the Bama offense. But their line will drop off a little, and it's difficult to see Burton, Jo Jo Earle and Ja'Corey Brooks equaling Williams, Metchie and Bolden in productivity.

For what it's worth, six of Young's top seven targets are gone, while six of Bennett's top eight targets are back.

• DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

I hope he plays equally as much for Saban as he did for Smart. Not really, I hope he and Saban have a screaming match on the sideline on live tv lol. 🤞🤞

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Personally, I welcome this story and want to hear more about Saban’s kudos to Burton. Here’s the reason. According to Saint Nick, it sure sounds like Burton is the best Bama has at WR. That’s great for the Dawgs! He wasn’t even the third best receiver on the Dawgs last year and would have been absolutely buried on the depth chart this year.

Bama’s WR room must be in total disarray compared to the last three or four years. If the OL and run game drop off which is very likely, I’m not so sure it will be Bama standing in the Dawgs way to the SEC Championship. They were lucky last year not to have three regular season losses to mediocre to bad teams. Saban is no longer king of the hill. Hello, King Kirby!

• chilidawg1chilidawg1 Posts: 154 ✭✭✭ Junior

No one is saying it, but Burton wanted to play with someone who could get him the ball.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Never heard Saban compliment a guy so much. No thought behind what he's doing, right?