Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Dan Lanning’s father gives props to UGA

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited April 2022 in Article commenting
imageDan Lanning’s father gives props to UGA

CBS Sports recently profiled the rapid rise of Dan Lanning, the former UGA defensive coordinator who is now at Oregon as the youngest Power Five head coach.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As Lewis Grizzard once said, "In the south, college football is a way of life. I was editor of The Chicago Sun-Times, and I went to the Ohio State/ Michigan game, great rivalry. I was not impressed. Sort of like two mules fightin' over a turnip...kinda like, 'Who cares?'"

Mr. Lanning gets to go to at least one more Georgia game...maybe not in Athens, but I'm sure there will be an atmosphere that's as close as you can get without being in Sanford.

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Would love to see a home and home with Oregon. But with the ever-changing landscape of college football who's to say either of our coaches or Dan will still be around when the schedule would actually be free to do so. I've only ever been to Sanford stadium so can't really gauge other atmospheres. But even just watching on TV, you can tell UGA's crowd is hard to contend with.

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What a very nice and classy thing for Mr. Lanning to say about UGA! Great Read, Mr. Carvell!

Wish him and his family the very best! And much success to Coach Lanning! Still a DGD!

Except on September 3rd, of course!

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    Wozzo_the_Wonder_DogWozzo_the_Wonder_Dog Posts: 189 ✭✭✭ Junior

The old quote: "In the South, football is our religion and Saturday is our holy day."