Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia counting on Josh Brooks at SEC Spring Meetings, schedule model among key discussions

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited May 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia counting on Josh Brooks at SEC Spring Meetings, schedule model among key discussions

DESTIN, Fla. — Second-year Georgia athletic director Josh Brooks will be taking a seat at the big boys’ table at the SEC Spring Meetings this week.

Read the full story here

Comments

• BigFanBigFan Posts: 144 ✭✭✭ Junior

"The downside of a 3-6 format for Georgia is the Bulldogs already play fewer home games than other SEC teams, including the perennial national championship contender Alabama."

If they go this way, I vote to make UGA-UF a home and home. To me, the recruiting hit of playing at a neutral (that Kirby has spoken about a lot) was enough. Now this. If 3-6, sorry JAX, it's been fun, but ...

How long is the contract with JAX?

• cbp1947cbp1947 Posts: 51 ✭✭✭ Junior

We are 1/16th and just won a Natty and are a perennial participant in the SEC Championship game. Let Auburn or Ole Miss take a kick to the teeth. Stop with the collective BS, Bama and Auburn don’t take that approach. Tired of this crap.

And yes, if they go 3-6, so long Jax, but-bye.

• JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

If we did go to a 7-1 format, I would vote to keep the "Deep South's Oldest Rivalry" in Auburn and let GA-FL go to a rotating basis. That game could still be played in Jax, but it would only impact the home schedule once every 10 years or so. Like someone else already has said, "sorry Jacksonville, its been fun".

• ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 519 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

There is one thing I know for sure when it comes to SEC football. Auburn wants everything they can get or change that will benefit them. Oldest rivalry in the south does not mean nearly as much as that, although it matters a lot to them.

If they can get out of playing UGA, particularly with UGA owning their backsides for a long time now and with no end in sight(unless they start using the cheatin' aces up their sleeves they are known for), I say they will not be able to resist taking the easy road. That is just the Auburn way.

Hope I am wrong, because for most people who live near the Alabama border, the Auburn game is as big of a game or even bigger, than the Florida game. Auburn already whined and got the game moved to earlier in the season and whined and got 2 years at home back-to-back.

I expect more whining and/or lame excuses to stop taking an almost certain L most years while they got a chance to do it and save face, since they didn't actually have to come out and propose it. They are probably dancing in their offices already. But we will see. I sure hope I am wrong.