Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart shares his thoughts on contract situation, Georgia football NIL deals

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited July 2022 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart shares his thoughts on contract situation, Georgia football NIL deals

Georgia football coach Kirby Smart shared his thoughts on the state of his contract.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I like hearing where NIL has helped players like Dan Jackson and Micah Morris pay for their schooling and helping with the finances at home. I think that was the whole point to paying players in the first place. Where NIL has gone wrong, is without a cap in place, where the sky is the limit for some players, there are unintended consequences - the money becomes the driver instead of a love for football or the school or the fellow players. If there could be some sort of guidelines put on this, to where kids are paid for their services, but 17 year olds are not becoming millionaires, I think NIL could serve the players on a team as a whole, rather than cater to a few individuals.

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just Pay The Man!

Go Dawgs!