Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Cover 4 on Georgia football: How many touchdowns will the LOADED tight end room score this fall?

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited August 2022 in Article commenting
imageCover 4 on Georgia football: How many touchdowns will the LOADED tight end room score this fall?

DawgNation’s “Cover 4″ concept is a popular live show on our streaming media platforms and a timely content piece on DawgNation.com, too.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I believe that the tight end group will score between Brandon's answer ("a lot") and Jeff's answer ("23") !!

They will run in circles around the defenses this year no matter how you scheme them. The opposing personnel will be deficient and/or the running game will take over if the scheme calls for it. Either way opposing defenses will be hosed this year!

Gotta love it!

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yeah ... try to play more than 2 TEs at a time and you will quickly find out why nobody does this. You will remove the threat of a vertical offense. Teams will counter by playing fewer CBs - most teams basically have 3 CBs as a starter these days as most offenses start the slot WR instead of a FB - and replace them with safeties and LBs. And the deep safety help over the top won't be there: they will be in the box because whatever merits Bowers and Gilbert have, they won't be regular threats to catch 40+ yard passes. Those guys are going to be in the box defending the run on running plays and blitzing the QB on passing plays.

Guys, there are reasons why no one has ever tried to overwhelm opposing defenses with TEs. Do not kid yourselves into thinking that it is because UGA has assembled this historic collection of TE talent.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As much as I love seeing Bowers get the ball, I am very excited and hopeful that Washington and Gilbert show their stuff. Arik needs a great season, because I think that performing well will help him with whatever he's dealing with off the field personally.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Seems like Gilbert was recruited from the portal to come to UGA as a receiver. As thin as the receiving room is, I won’t be surprised to see Arik lined up outside when Bowers and Washington are in the game. That is a matchup nightmare for the passing game and some hellacious downfield blocking if we run.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They will score enough to blow past the record books for sure but the overall total will depend on just how much Kirby lets them score. We all know Kirby shuts things down to just the run game in the 4th quarter with a handy lead.

I don't believe you need to risk a team getting back into a game by taking foolish chances and not protecting the ball but the pendelum swing to only a run game in the 4th is keeping the fanbase from seeing just how special a team the Dawgs can be, it's boring to watch, and it sends the fans in the stands home early.....38-10 starting the 4th quarter.....ok time to beat the traffic for fans at the game and time to work in the yard if watching at home. It shoudn't have to be that way.

Let them Dawgs eat....let the backup QB throw it a few times, get some experience for next season or in case of injury, good grief. Let the viewers have a reason to stick around to the end. Not just run, run, run. JMHO!