Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Isaiah Wynn to the Falcons?

BullyDawgBullyDawg Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

At least one NFL.com draft analyst thinks so!
http://www.ajc.com/sports/georgia-isaiah-wynn-projected-falcons-nfl-com-mock-draft/8ibiMDaFQs4M5Kj0rFVsQO/
Would love to see the big man with the big grin in ATL!

Comments

• bobbybobby Posts: 150 ✭✭✭ Junior

Falcons need guard help, so its a definite possibility.

• SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Falcons need some DB help first.

• Dakota_NesterDakota_Nester Posts: 398 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

They need to upgrade the Guard position bad, wouldn't mind seeing him as a Falcon next year!

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

I will be legit shocked if the falcons take a dawg that high

• coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Don't see him falling anywhere near this far, but would love to see Roquon playing alongside Jones at, would be maybe the fastest pair of inside linebackers ever. Would love to see Wynn replace Schweitzer at guard, him and Schraeder we terrible this season.

• BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have prayed that none of our Awesome DGD’s do not get drafted by Cleveland!

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Das Birds need a OG badly. The other position I'd look at is CB in the 1st rd, but only if there is a potential all star available.
    I think Wynn will be an all star OG sooner than later.

• ChicagoDawgChicagoDawg Posts: 438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It is a definite possibility that Isaiah is drafted in the 1st round by the Falcons. I think he would be a great fit in a position where they have a huge need. I saw another mock where he was gone before the Falcons draft. It is very hard to predict what happens that late in the 1st round. I doubt Sony will be there when they pick in the 2nd round, and RB is not really a position of need for the Falcons in this draft. One mock had Sony and Chubb both going in the second round to Jets and Giants - guess they could still share a place together in NYC if that happened.

• Dakota_NesterDakota_Nester Posts: 398 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Falcon's are probably not drafting a CB first round. They're paying both Alford and Trufant $8.5 millions + each

• DawgsofWarDawgsofWar Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Raiderbeater said:
    If they get Wynn and steal Sony in the 2nd round I may start watching them again.

Falcons don't need Sony. Even if they did, Sony will be long gone by then. Freeman is the clear starting RB with the Falcons and Coleman is a great back as well. I don't know what the franchise will do with him.

@ChicagoDawg said:
    It is a definite possibility that Isaiah is drafted in the 1st round by the Falcons. I think he would be a great fit in a position where they have a huge need. I saw another mock where he was gone before the Falcons draft. It is very hard to predict what happens that late in the 1st round. I doubt Sony will be there when they pick in the 2nd round, and RB is not really a position of need for the Falcons in this draft. One mock had Sony and Chubb both going in the second round to Jets and Giants - guess they could still share a place together in NYC if that happened.

It would be great to have either Chubb ( we're both Cedartown bulldogs as well as Jawga Dawgs, or Sony, but it's not a position of need so neither will be Falcons.

• greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’ve never understood why the Falcons never seem to draft any Dawgs. You’d think the fan appeal would be worth a third or fourth round pick. It isn’t like there aren’t a lot of Dawgs in the NFL or we are Vandy.

@greshamdisco said:
    I’ve never understood why the Falcons never seem to draft any Dawgs. You’d think the fan appeal would be worth a third or fourth round pick. It isn’t like there aren’t a lot of Dawgs in the NFL or we are Vandy.

Never understood this either. Similar when they took Brooking. I know he was a nerd, but if their is talent in state...why not take that instead?

@Kasey said:

@greshamdisco said:

Never understood this either. Similar when they took Brooking. I know he was a nerd, but if their is talent in state...why not take that instead?

I understand why an NFL team would be careful to not favor the local team.
    Doing something for the wrong reason can lead to a bad result in just about any endeavor.
    It messes with judgement. Just look at the entire field of choices equally.

The Braves have favored looking close to home because there is far more ground to cover in baseball with college, high school and international players, plus they had an old scout who admitted he didn't like to travel.

@WCDawg said:

@Kasey said:

@greshamdisco said:

Doing something for the wrong reason can lead to a bad result in just about any endeavor.

The Braves have favored looking close to home because there is far more ground to cover in baseball with college, high school and international players, plus they had an old scout who admitted he didn't like to travel.

Well for me it’s not about favoring the local team...it’s about taking a flyer on the local guy when all things are equal. That’s all

• amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:

@WCDawg said:

@Kasey said:

@greshamdisco said:

Well for me it’s not about favoring the local team...it’s about taking a flyer on the local guy when all things are equal. That’s all

I agree. UGA is obviously the local team, but one could argue that AU and UA are as well. Atlanta is closer in proximity to those schools as well. Julio was an “obvious” take, but other than him, it seems the Falcons try to “steer clear” of local teams’ players. If all is equal, I’d like to see the Falcons give a little more credit to their “local team” talent.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@amjadawgs said:

@Kasey said:

@WCDawg said:

@Kasey said:

@greshamdisco said:

I agree. UGA is obviously the local team, but one could argue that AU and UA are as well. Atlanta is closer in proximity to those schools as well. Julio was an “obvious” take, but other than him, it seems the Falcons try to “steer clear” of local teams’ players. If all is equal, I’d like to see the Falcons give a little more credit to their “local team” talent.

I'm not sure about stats on this....with only a few Dawgs going in any particular draft, and given that positional needs are important to teams when they draft, and with 32 teams drafting, what are the odds that the Falcons would have a good opportunity to draft a Dawg in any particular draft? Math guys?

@donm said:

@amjadawgs said:

@Kasey said:

@WCDawg said:

@Kasey said:

@greshamdisco said:

I'm not sure about stats on this....with only a few Dawgs going in any particular draft, and given that positional needs are important to teams when they draft, and with 32 teams drafting, what are the odds that the Falcons would have a good opportunity to draft a Dawg in any particular draft? Math guys?

I don’t know the history, I just know they could’ve had Reshad Jones and he could’ve helped them and they passed on him.

But this year, let’s say they were looking for them to take an RB...I’d fully expect them to take a hit like Guice from LSU instead of Sony

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:

@donm said:

@amjadawgs said:

@Kasey said:

@WCDawg said:

@Kasey said:

@greshamdisco said:

I don’t know the history, I just know they could’ve had Reshad Jones and he could’ve helped them and they passed on him.

But this year, let’s say they were looking for them to take an RB...I’d fully expect them to take a hit like Guice from LSU instead of Sony

that's part of my point...with 31 other teams selecting, availability might not be in the Falcon's favor to get a kid they want. In this case, Guice who they might want (I don't think they ate looking for RB's especially) might well be gone by the time the Falcons take their first pick. Same with other positions, including Wynn at guard.

• AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Falcons rarely select UGA players. It used to bother me but after their Super Bowl flameout, and Julio Jones’ negative comments about UGA, I hope Wynn winds up on a contender, not a pretender.