Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Honeymoon is over for Pruitt. More issues looming...

BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A fairly significant percentage of the people on VN have already started to turn on him after yesterdays fiasco, and now a new potential real doozie crept up on them yesterday afternoon. Check out the thread on late offer and signee Joseph Norwood of Brainerd. Didnt play his jr year after transferring from Ooltewah. That much is confirmed. The rest is...well...

Advance to page 9 of his thread and start reading. Initial excitement and then the clouds move in.

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-recruiting/289515-18-tn-ath-joseph-norwood-tennessee-signee.html

Comments

• corai3corai3 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Page 11 some peoples tune changed.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@corai3 said:
    Page 11 some peoples tune changed.

Im very thankful we arent having that discussion. For real.

• corai3corai3 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

R ape is never anything you want a recruit involved in.

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Bankwalker said:
    A fairly significant percentage of the people on VN have already started to turn on him after yesterdays fiasco, and now a new potential real doozie crept up on them yesterday afternoon. Check out the thread on late offer and signee Joseph Norwood of Brainerd. Didnt play his jr year after transferring from Ooltewah. That much is confirmed. The rest is...well...

Advance to page 9 of his thread and start reading. Initial excitement and then the clouds move in.

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-recruiting/289515-18-tn-ath-joseph-norwood-tennessee-signee.html

Those fans are justified in their rage with Pruitt. He's been there too long to have such a terrible NSD. They should call for his firing immediately! It will take Phil 3 years, but with attitudes like theirs--they will probably get their wish. More laughter for us in the meantime!

• CoachRob16CoachRob16 Posts: 428 ✭✭✭ Junior

Amazing how quickly some will change their toon when they find out something.

• otis1105otis1105 Posts: 324 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think Pruitt is a good coach. And I know Richt was head coach but Pruitt never struck me as the absolute best recruiter. ZO and bell, Roquan and TT were great players he brought in but he left our secondary in a position that we have had to protect it for 3 years now. To me Pruitt has recruited well but he recruits to the status of the school he was at. He did better at FSU and Bama than he did here. Kirby has made UGA an FSU or Bama type destination.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CoachRob16 said:
    Amazing how quickly some will change their toon when they find out something.

I would not be happy if my coach was signing a recruit found guilty of raping four high school freshmen with a pool cue. Left one young man hospitalized and requiring emergency surgery. Being from Ooltewah... it was weird to hear about it happening at the high school.

• JKFlyfishJKFlyfish Posts: 558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks for finding this stuff for us. They provide us great amusement! If anyone finds the Gator forum with sad fan threads, please feel free to post. I'd love to read that too. :D:D

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,649 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BojanglesInsider said:
    Pruitt will be eaten alive before this is over. Fulmer and that fan base will absolutely feast upon him and Rocky Top will find itself embroiled in scandals unlike ever before

I think Pruitt will get them back to a bowl game, be the next super-hot coaching prospect, and bail for a big program. I don't see him getting UT to the SECCG, but just enough to look competitive again...which when compared to where they are now would be a miracle. That will be enough to get other programs interested. I just think there is something culturally wrong with the UT program, and hiring Fulmer as AD was absolutely a step in the wrong direction. I think Pruitt has bigger and better things in his future.

• greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The fundamental problems with Vol Nation haven’t changed: weak recruiting base, under-performing University, redneck fan base, and a long trail of failed teams over the past 20 years. The administration there is a problem, but a bigger problems is unrealistic expectations on a weak coaching staff. I could be wrong, but Pruitt will be gone in four years before he has time to turn things around.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@otis1105 said:
    I think Pruitt is a good coach. And I know Richt was head coach but Pruitt never struck me as the absolute best recruiter. ZO and bell, Roquan and TT were great players he brought in but he left our secondary in a position that we have had to protect it for 3 years now. To me Pruitt has recruited well but he recruits to the status of the school he was at. He did better at FSU and Bama than he did here. Kirby has made UGA an FSU or Bama type destination.

How long was he at FSU? it's been mentioned several times on this forum that he was the NC DC but with other folks' recruits. Was he there long enough to have a major recruiting impact?

• judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@otis1105 said:

How long was he at FSU? it's been mentioned several times on this forum that he was the NC DC but with other folks' recruits. Was he there long enough to have a major recruiting impact?

Was coaching high school till 2010 bama DBs 10-11 FSU 12-13 uga 14-15 bama 16-18

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m no Vols fan, especially after AJs phantom unsportsmanlike, Nicks injury, and the Hail Mary.

That being said, Vol fans need to pump their brakes on Pruitt. Kirby’s first year, we dang near lost to Nichols State

• greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The situation with this man offered by the Vols is VERY disturbing. I read through their message board for a while. To most of their fans’ credit, they are horrified and don’t want him wearing prisoner orange - except as a prisoner. However, some fans are looking the other way and making excuses for Pruit. This player helped sexually assault a minor with a broom and plead guilty. And they are complaining about a hat being tossed?

@greshamdisco said:
    The situation with this man offered by the Vols is VERY disturbing. I read through their message board for a while. To most of their fans’ credit, they are horrified and don’t want him wearing prisoner orange - except as a prisoner. However, some fans are looking the other way and making excuses for Pruit. This player helped sexually assault a minor with a broom and plead guilty. And they are complaining about a hat being tossed?

Agree 100% something’s are more important than football

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2018

@donm said:

@otis1105 said:

He hasn't been anywhere long enough to call a defense his own. The Vols are trying to be supportive of their program and coach, but his track record is not really a track record. A this point their animated enthusiasm is just pure hubris. He has ascended to HC of a major program in very rapid fashion. He knows X's and O's, but that's not the same as running an entire program. He also hired a relatively inexperienced coaching staff. I'm not sure he has anyone there who can legitimately offer a counterpoint for him to consider. Their believe that he has hired the best of everything on his staff is as myopic as it gets. They believe Phil Fulmer is there to fill in the blanks for the man, like Pruitt is going to be visiting Fulmer for advice or give him a headset during games so he can give his opinion on the fly. Bulldog fans know from his time in Athens that Pruitt is as bull-headed about doing things his way as there is. He definitely doesn't strike me as one to be asking many people for advice. Good luck to them. Time will tell, but the one accurate statement I have seen regarding Pruitt that I believe to be true is this - this is his FIRST head coaching job, meaning it won't be his last. How long he stays in Rocky Top is yet to be determined. I also believe he will leave the Vols in better shape than he found them, whether he leaves for another position or gets fired.

@JRT812 said:

@greshamdisco said:

Agree 100% something’s are more important than football

Quoting because it won’t let me edit. The phone autocorrected to something’s and meant some things are more important than football. Still can’t believe some people on that board are looking past what happened with a pool cue and young man. Unreal. Used to stand up for Pruitt, but not anymore.

• PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pruitt = Brian VanGorder II
    Might want to keep a suitcase packed.