Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Quick question for podcast listeners

DawgNationDailyDawgNationDaily Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You may have noticed I've mixed in a little Falcons talk over the last few days onto the podcast. For instance, I had DJ Shockley on last week to talk about the NFC Championship game. Is this something you have enjoyed or would you prefer I only talk about UGA on the show? There's no wrong answer and I'm genuinely curious to hear your opinions. Thanks for listening to my show and for being a part of the new DawgNation message board.

Comments

• PortlanddawgPortlanddawg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭ Junior

First of all, thank you so much for the podcast. I listen to it at the gym or coming home for work Mon-Fri. I especially love the recruiting talk - so the more recruiting talk, or how our early enrollees are doing, the better.
    I'm not a Falcons fan myself, but I think that while the Falcons are killing it and headed to the Super Bowl, they're a good topic because many of your listeners are Falcons fans. But I still believe the main focus should be the Dawgs.

• BigDaddyJimBigDaddyJim Posts: 83 ✭✭ Sophomore

I will take as much sports talk as I can get to be honest. You could talk about the Flint Tropics and I would enjoy it. So it's good with me.

• boiledpeanutboiledpeanut Posts: 22 ✭✭ Sophomore

Keep up the Falcon's talk! I'm on the West Coast and love the exposure to not only our Dawgs but all Atlanta/GA sports too.

• SavageDawg17SavageDawg17 Posts: 1,535 mod

I like it, I listen to the podcast every day and hearing from Shock with his unique perspective as a former player and insider on the team is a fantastic addition. Especially with this unique Falcons run to the Super Bowl!

I also enjoy occasionally hearing from some of the media outside the normal UGA circle occasionally.

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I love the podcast--I try to listen to every one. Talking a little Falcons football during the playoffs would never be a problem for me. In the offseason, I wouldn't mind hearing about other UGA related topics, like briefly reporting, sort of bullet point format, what's happening in other sports--so long as there is still plenty of football stuff.

I will say that I'm not so much a basketball fan, so I kind of tune out in depth discussions if not about something very significant.

• BigDaddyJimBigDaddyJim Posts: 83 ✭✭ Sophomore

Yes. Please touch on UGA baseball like once a week maybe? It's so hard to find info about NCAA baseball

• MinnesotaDawgMinnesotaDawg Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks so much for the great podcast. Listen to it everyday, and thrilled there is a daily source for UGA news and (especially) commentary from a professional "fan". As to your question, I understand the Falcons run is pretty special, so I'm fine with today's lead-in, and I'm generally ok with the occasional discussion of Falcons, Braves, etc., as long as it relates to UGA in some way. However, I wouldn't want to hear Falcons talk as a regular thing on a UGA podcast.

In contrast to a previous commenter, I do enjoy the UGA basketball commentary--if not, very often, the UGA basketball product. Perhaps, if we as a UGA community encouraged more enthusiasm about the sport and the results on the court, we'd have something worth cheering about. Until then, and especially after this weekend, I remain frustrated.

• DawgNationDailyDawgNationDaily Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I appreciate the feedback -- and the kind words. I want to make the show as enjoyable as possible for as many people as possible. Thanks for weighing in with your thoughts about basketball talk too. I've joked before that it's the single most divisive subject for listeners of the podcast. Some people seem to want a lot more basketball talk, and some seem to want a lot less. I'm always trying to find the happy medium I guess. Anything else y'all would like to hear more of?

• SavageDawg17SavageDawg17 Posts: 1,535 mod

@DawgNationDaily - One thing I would like to hear would be quick weekly schedule rundown of UGA Sports, perhaps on a Monday.

For example, Men's BB plays Wed 9 PM home vs Alabama and Saturday 4PM at home vs Texas. Perhaps even include baseball, women's BB and Gym Dawgs?

That being said, up until NSD recruiting insight is my favorite content.

• DawgsPawDawgsPaw Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

Most Dawgs fans will agree, Falcons are the talk around these parts. We don't have any objections. Everywhere I go lately, Falcons are the subject. Let's get this title. Shut the National Media up. Once and for all. Go Dawgs! Dawgs over everything. @DawgsPaw on Twitter.

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2017

A few thoughts on topics:

1. I wouldn't mind a segment where you ask players a question and let them answer for fans. Maybe you ask a question submitted by fans. I know the rules are tight on interviewing players.
    2. It would be nice to hear something brief about other Georgia sports like baseball, soccer, etc. There is really not much readily available news about significant happenings in other sports. An occasional interview with a coach or player, maybe at the start of the season or after a significant win would be good. Though I have only a casual interest in other sports, if the news came in a short segment that is consistently about the same length, I would hang in to listen.
    3. You could interview some legends of UGA football, especially during the off season. \
  • delaware_dawgdelaware_dawg Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

@DawgNationDaily - I really enjoy the podcast and try to listen as much as possible. Anything UGA sports related is of interest to me, although football and football recruiting are far and away my favorites. I'm also a local sports fan, and any time something of unusual interest (Falcons superbowl trip, big trades, etc...) happens, then I think that would be of interest to me as well.

I do also have a request: I enjoy your interviews but the volume discrepancy between you and your guests makes it hard to listen to sometimes. Your guests are SO much quieter than you that it makes it difficult to make out what they are saying sometimes. This is true across platforms (App, browser, car).

Anything that can be done to fix this? Thanks

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes, of course! Cover the Falcons. No reason to limit yourself to football. Especially with it being the slow season. Would much rather hear you cover something with plenty of meat rather than to try to eek out yet another UGA football story when there's not much going on.

And someone is up there talking about covering baseball. I have no interest. But I think it's fine if you clearly label it, "now we're gonna talk about baseball" so I can fast forward through it. Fast forward is something not ingrained in the media's head yet it seems. But it's a fundamental part of today's media landscape now with the Internet.

I'd cover everything of possible likely common interest to the entire Dawgnation. Some fancy new restaurant opening in Atlanta? Cover it! The only differentiation I'd make is central topics you can go more in depth in. Don't go to the restaurant's chef's culinary school and talk to his teacher's about what kind of student he was, etc.. Even if there are Dagnation fans out of state, giving them a taste of Georgia here and there wouldn't be a bad thing. I think it'd even add some interest via cultural flair. Like I'm kind of a Philadelphia Eagles fan since Vick went up there and I like hearing stories about Philadelphia occasionally. Thuggish lot up there at times it seems,.. What I've been told is stuff like, yeah you can walk around at night in a Cowboys jersey. You'll probably be okay. But they wouldn't do it because it's possible you'll run into a drunk Eagles fan who will break your leg. You'll probably be okay. But people from there say they wouldn't do it because it's possible you'll get your leg broken!

• johngjohng Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

Short answer is Yes....

We have talked about the sport teams in Georgia being relevant... I think this would be considered relevant for sure. Plus as you have made a case for, the comparison between the two football teams. First year to second year HC, bring in "your guys" to fit "your system". I don't know if it will happen in year two for Kirby but the idea that buying in and believing in the plan and seeing the pieces coming together is worth getting excited about and making the comparison.

Love the show, don't get to comment and tweet as much as I would like but.... Really enjoy what you Jeff, Seth, and Chip bring every week!

johng

• DaveJacksonUGADaveJacksonUGA Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

Personally, doesn't matter to me. I'm from Illinois. I'm a Bears fan. UGA is my college team. Been my team for 18 years. If my fellow Dawgs want to hear about the Falcons, then I want to hear about the Falcons.

• DawgsauceDawgsauce Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

DirtyDawgs and BullBirds I say. Love when they get combined on your podcast. Thanks!

• DawgNationDailyDawgNationDaily Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Deleware_Dawg we're going to keep working on our interview sound quality to make it better. Sorry it's been a problem. I appreciate you sharing your feedback on it though.

• madisondogmadisondog Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

I really like to hear about Georgia football on the pod casts. I do like a little Falcons talk around the playoffs and the Super Bowl. That is just too big not to discuss. Love the podcasts. I listen on my morning walks and on long drives. Go Dawgs!

• burnthickorydawgburnthickorydawg Posts: 29 ✭ Freshman
    edited January 2017

Falcons only when they are in the playoffs...everyone here is addicted to uga recruiting or they would not be here!!! Lol

• melton324melton324 Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

Just keep up the good work. Your topics are always on point whether it's UGA football or Falcons football, we all listen for a reason! I love the insight that DJ was able to provide. Keep up the good work!