Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

247 or Rivals?

Atlanta_DawgAtlanta_Dawg Posts: 90 ✭✭✭ Junior

which do yall prefer, and do yall even choose to use either? currently a member of 247, which i do like, but looking to get opinions to see if Rivals is a better alternative, or if i should only use dawgnation and not play 10 dollars a month??

Comments

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Atlanta_Dawg I'll admit that it may sound like a wimpy thing.... but I just don't feel like having a "go around" with my wife over the cost of using either one. Besides, if RIGHT HERE is GREAT (& I believe that it really actually IS GREAT RIGHT HERE!) I have found (for me) that right in here at the DawgNation website, along with MOSTLY @JeffSentell (as well as some others too) , AND THEN there is the DawgNation forum members (in particular to me? members @tiger_62082 , & @CZCashvilleDawg ??? I feel like I am more informed here by those sources than most any other places that always seem either lazy like for instance ESPN, or just plain dumb? like perhaps CBS Sports? Anyway, there's a LOT of GREAT STUFF right HERE!!! GO DAWGS!!!

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,882 mod

Also the athletic costs 2.99 a month but you get access to every sport and every writer. No ads, no clickbait. Good app. Not sure how it’s financially viable but I’m enjoying the ride will it lasts

• BrooklynDawgBrooklynDawg Posts: 822 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@christopherules said:
    @Atlanta_Dawg I'll admit that it may sound like a wimpy thing.... but I just don't feel like having a "go around" with my wife over the cost of using either one. Besides, if RIGHT HERE is GREAT (& I believe that it really actually IS GREAT RIGHT HERE!) I have found (for me) that right in here at the DawgNation website, along with MOSTLY @JeffSentell (as well as some others too) , AND THEN there is the DawgNation forum members (in particular to me? members @tiger_62082 , & @CZCashvilleDawg ??? I feel like I am more informed here by those sources than most any other places that always seem either lazy like for instance ESPN, or just plain dumb? like perhaps CBS Sports? Anyway, there's a LOT of GREAT STUFF right HERE!!! GO DAWGS!!!

Agreed sir. I will check the 247 for rankings, but most of the time the stories that break here break 1st or are better written and more detailed.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Atlanta_Dawg said:
    which do yall prefer, and do yall even choose to use either? currently a member of 247, which i do like, but looking to get opinions to see if Rivals is a better alternative, or if i should only use dawgnation and not play 10 dollars a month??

247 is the standard for recruiter ratings, Rivals has the 2 most active national boards, so it depends on what you're interested in.

• SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I use both. I prefer 247. I do believe 247 drops info first, especially as it relates to recruiting. Rivals and Dawgnation offer more in depth info.

• Atlanta_DawgAtlanta_Dawg Posts: 90 ✭✭✭ Junior

yea i really do like 247 but the lack of depth on info is pretty bad.

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The only thing I use 247 and Rivals for is data. Would be nice if DN built some links to player and team rankings, scholarship distribution, targets, offers and stuff like that.

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

I'm a cheap SOB. I rely on Dawg Nation and the information provided by a lot a posters...save a few.....

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just ordered my Marcos for tonight. That’s like a subscription, right?

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Teddy said:
    Just ordered my Marcos for tonight. That’s like a subscription, right?

Had it with the kids and wife Sunday.
    They love the cheese bread too.

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SoFL_Dawg said:
    I use both. I prefer 247. I do believe 247 drops info first, especially as it relates to recruiting. Rivals and Dawgnation offer more in depth info.

247 is probably first because they post a bunch of unsubstantiated stuff that somebody or other heard or just made up. You can be a lot faster when you don’t care about accuracy.

I’ve never wasted my money on that site. But following this site I have occasionally known enough about a subject, then see a story on their site and just roll my eyes. That’s only happened a few times though because I only loosely follow recruiting. I don’t try to be tiger about it.

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@Atlanta_Dawg said:

247 is the standard for recruiter ratings, Rivals has the 2 most active national boards, so it depends on what you're interested in.

The ratings on 247 are free. I think OP’s question is more towards what for-pay information is better.

• dawgy10dawgy10 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Im a member of 247, its worth the 10$, its prob wont be what u expect but its a servicable sight, im not a fan of rusty or kipp bc i they put out lazy articles, the jake rowe practice reports are what i like best, @JeffSentell is better than kipp or rusty

• Atlanta_DawgAtlanta_Dawg Posts: 90 ✭✭✭ Junior

yea the most dedicated reporter/writer imo is Keith Neibhur. although i dont like Auburn, he is relentless in putting out stuff and replying to his community

• dawgy10dawgy10 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Atlanta_Dawg said:
    yea the most dedicated reporter/writer imo is Keith Neibhur. although i dont like Auburn, he is relentless in putting out stuff and replying to his community

Keith does respond in the forum but he has alot of fluff stories

• coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not on any pay sites, just read DawgNation and DawgBone. Recommend you check out DawgBone if you don’t already read it, compiles articles from several different sources, such as Field St Forum, The Red And Black, Get the Picture, DawgNation, and Bulldawg Illustrated. Once practice starts I also read The Athens Banner’s practice report, all these sources get in for the same practice period, but they usually watch and report on different position groups.

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@coastaldawg Dawgbone is a daily read(s) for me in the AM at the gym. Solid analysis from different angles.

That being said, I don’t do pay sites but I feel what we get from @JeffSentell and BA is priceless and am sure glad they avoided the cuts.

• UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ghostofuga1 said:
    I'm a cheap SOB. I rely on Dawg Nation and the information provided by a lot a posters...save a few.....

Same here. I used to be on Scout...now 24/7...all the time. And then it was a pay-only site and I found my way here. The only time I am on 24/7 now is to look at the Ga. high school board, which is still free.

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

@UnderDog68 said:

@ghostofuga1 said:

Same here. I used to be on Scout...now 24/7...all the time. And then it was a pay-only site and I found my way here. The only time I am on 24/7 now is to look at the Ga. high school board, which is still free.

I was on Scout from 2003 under ghostofuga1 and HODawg. When they switched over, that place fell fast. Fortunately I found DN. Good to see you, PG and few others having made your way over here. Great board with a lot of info and really great posters....save a few....