Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

@ LSU

SWGADAWGSWGADAWG Posts: 248 ✭✭✭ Junior

Am I the only one that thinks this game is by far the hardest game of the year? Their Defense is going to be unreal.. they have a great player at every level and probably the best linebacker in the SEC coming back. Couple that with the talent they produce in that state and you’ve got yourself and tough game. Im thinking 17-14 type game.

Comments

• PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

the scariest thing about the game to me is that it is away at death valley, that place is consistently rated as one of the hardest stadiums for an away team to play in

• BrooklynDawgBrooklynDawg Posts: 822 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2018

@SWGADAWG said:
    Am I the only one that thinks this game is by far the hardest game of the year? Their Defense is going to be unreal.. they have a great player at every level and probably the best linebacker in the SEC coming back. Couple that with the talent they produce in that state and you’ve got yourself and tough game. Im thinking 17-14 type game.

Maybe rough going in the 1st and 2nd quarter, but if our Dawgs crack that nut early, Coach O has proven he can't stop the bleeding. Their defense is stout yes, but we have to many weapons to get hampered down. Plus our O Line will probably be the best in the nation come that game. We beat them by 2 touchdowns at least. 21-7 Go DAWGS!!!

• SWGADAWGSWGADAWG Posts: 248 ✭✭✭ Junior

They beat a solid auburn team last year at home, they played bama pretty tough too.. just think they improve from last year cause they had a pile of freshman and sophomores play a lot of time.

• jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SWGADAWG said:
    They beat a solid auburn team last year at home, they played bama pretty tough too.. just think they improve from last year cause they had a pile of freshman and sophomores play a lot of time.

This is exactly what my thoughts are!! Let’s not forget that it is a tough place to play, like @PharmDawg2054 said, but that it is also a NIGHT game which are usually even tougher in Death Valley.

@SWGADAWG said:

They were beat...BY TROY...mauled by MSU, barely beat Florida, and lost to Notre ****. Had this been another coaching staff I would agree, but not this one. We end them in the 3rd quarter and put the scout team out in the 4th.

@jarred_buck said:

@SWGADAWG said:

This is exactly what my thoughts are!! Let’s not forget that it is a tough place to play, like @PharmDawg2054 said, but that it is also a NIGHT game which are usually even tougher in Death Valley.

Our DAWGS played in a hostile environment before. We will know how to handle it this time.

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not an easy game by no means but with their offense probably struggling to score a lot and Coach O mumbling around on the sideline, Dawgs should get out of there with the W.

• SWGADAWGSWGADAWG Posts: 248 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think we get the W.. but the game will be harder than SCAR. Auburn doesn’t scare me this year cause it’s in Athens and let’s be honest we own them in the state of Ga.

• fmr33fmr33 Posts: 210 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Agreed this game will be no pushover. Selfishly hoping for a night game to experience that atmosphere. See yall there!

• law_dawg35law_dawg35 Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All of UGAs SEC games scare me, but If we can make it to the LSU game undefeated. I think we will be scary good, with alot of depth. LSU will keep it close early. But we have to much talent and depth. UGA will pull away in the 2nd half.

• bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It’ll be tough in the first quarter but the offense will leave the defense on the field WAY too much. Dawgs on top 38-17 with 10 of their 17 coming I’m garbage time.

• moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Still Auburn for me.

• DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@moos said:
    Still Auburn for me.

Ditto

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dawgnation Invasion! Let's buy up tix. They've already painted their stick red.

• ugaforeverugaforever Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If UGA drops a game, I hope it's to somebody in the West. Then UGA probably still plays in ATL for the SEC championship.

• PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ugaforever said:
    If UGA drops a game, I hope it's to somebody in the West. Then UGA probably still plays in ATL for the SEC championship.

Well it seems the last 2 years now that the CFP committee thinks that if you do not go to the conference championship but are a 1 loss team that you get your foot in the door

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@PharmDawg2054 said:
    the scariest thing about the game to me is that it is away at death valley, that place is consistently rated as one of the hardest stadiums for an away team to play in

Their schedule is brutal and Mr Ed isn’t a good motivator. They will not be mentally or emotionally invested by the time we get there imho.

• moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DawgBones said:

@moos said:
    Still Auburn for me.

Ditto

LSU will be the hardest PLACE we play. I'd agree with that

• mqg96mqg96 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

LSU is losing many starters from the 2017 team including their starting QB who was mediocre, and they only went 9-4. Good luck losing to Alabama again, playing a revenge minded Florida team in Gainesville with Dan Mullen, and losing to Auburn on the plains again with a lot of younger talent. Ed Oregeron is not that good. Georgia will have a tough time in Death Valley but I believe we escape just like the 1978, 1998, and 2008 Georgia teams escaped Death Valley too.

Auburn doesn't scare me either. When was the last time Auburn had back to back 10 win seasons? When was the last time Auburn won in Athens? When was the last time Auburn scored more than 7 in the STATE of Georgia? Hmmmmm.....

South Carolina in Columbia scares me because Williams Brice Stadium on a Saturday afternoon or primetime is always brutal for Georgia. Georgia hasn't won in Columbia on a Saturday since 2008.

Florida in Jacksonville scares me the most because of the history of that unpredictable rivalry. After blowing Florida out in 1982, we barely escaped by 1 point in 1983 which was an **** low scoring game. After upsetting Florida in 1997 and 2007 we were blown out in 1998 and 2008. Florida has the best talent year in and year out in the East comparable to Georgia. Do you people realize the previous 2 Florida teams we beat (2013, 2017) were 4-8 and 4-7? 2012 was the last GOOD Florida team we beat. If Dan Mullen turns around Florida like Gus Malzahn turned around Auburn in 2013, Georgia will have a tough time in Jacksonville this year, and since 2011 the loser in the cocktail party does NOT win the east.

I'm not that worried about Tech, but even I'm more nervous about them than LSU because they are always more motivated to beat us in Athens instead of Atlanta. The road team is 5-0 in Clean Old Fashioned Hate since 2013.