Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

"The knee, the knee, always the knee"

Red_N_BlackRed_N_Black Posts: 353 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

As fall camp is just around the corner, does anyone have any up to date info on the players who suffered knee injuries either in the spring or during their high school senior seasons? Just wondering who will and who won't be full speed and be ready to go. Heres a list of some I remember:

Mark Webb
Owen Condon
Micheal Barnett
Zamir White
Justin Young
Marshal Long
Azeez Ojulari
Divaad Wilson
Jordan Shaffer

Comments

• fmr33fmr33 Posts: 210 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Pigeons said:
    I heard Owen's knee has healed fine and he's running a 4.3 40. Scary. Dude is huge.

similarly i heard he was running a 4.41. what a stud!

• SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2018

Webb & White will be ready for fall practice and are fine per reports.

Wilson could see action later in year and take advantage of new RS rule per reports.

No news on others to my knowledge. Owen and Azeez strong RS candidates.

• jgf1031jgf1031 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Pigeons said:
    I heard Owen's knee has healed fine and he's running a 4.3 40. Scary. Dude is huge.

I had to check this myself. Confirmed. That is INSANE for his size. He definitely doesn't look like he could scoot like that. He's bigger AND faster than Lorenzo Carter... Good Gawd

• BigGAdawgBigGAdawg Posts: 575 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@jgf1031 said:

@Pigeons said:

I had to check this myself. Confirmed. That is INSANE for his size. He definitely doesn't look like he could scoot like that. He's bigger AND faster than Lorenzo Carter... Good Gawd

Huge WOW!!! Can't wait to see that guy cutting loose on the field, especially after he has gotten a generous dose of Pitt Boss technique...year two onward he will be a true terror to the bad guys. That size and speed would make him a terror on the other side of the line too.

• BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tennessee, with all those highly rated classes under tomato face, will be a major factor in the east. Still can't figure out how he got guys to come there, but Pruitt will coach them up. They may suffer one season with transitional issues, but with the total support from fans, media and administration, Pruitt may be able to bring the Tennessee program up quickly. Brutal schedule, but eight wins is a real possibility. Similar to Coach Kirby Smart, Pruitt is getting a lot of questions about whether his personnel fits the scheme changes. And, just like Kirby's initial campaign, Pruitt doesn't care. Be careful of the Vols, especially if they upset WVU.

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

@BEACHDAWG said:
    Tennessee, with all those highly rated classes under tomato face, will be a major factor in the east. Still can't figure out how he got guys to come there, but Pruitt will coach them up. They may suffer one season with transitional issues, but with the total support from fans, media and administration, Pruitt may be able to bring the Tennessee program up quickly. Brutal schedule, but eight wins is a real possibility. Similar to Coach Kirby Smart, Pruitt is getting a lot of questions about whether his personnel fits the scheme changes. And, just like Kirby's initial campaign, Pruitt doesn't care. Be careful of the Vols, especially if they upset WVU.

Uh....wrong thread....

• BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

By the way, do you know which thread I thought I was on?

• oldon42oldon42 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2018

@BEACHDAWG said:
    Thanks I'm 70 and a DGD, do my best with technology.

You youngster you! :):)

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@jgf1031 said:

@Pigeons said:

He ran a 5.8 in HS. He'd be the first human in history to blow out a knee and shave 1.5 seconds off his 40 time.

• jgf1031jgf1031 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

@jgf1031 said:

@Pigeons said:

He ran a 5.8 in HS. He'd be the first human in history to blow out a knee and shave 1.5 seconds off his 40 time.

HA that's what I get for skimming. Man, these red goggles are thick this morning.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

@jgf1031 said:

@Pigeons said:

He clearly did not run a 4.3 - I'd bet a dozen Bojangles biscuits on this one...and I don't care how tall he is.

@Pigeons said:

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

@jgf1031 said:

@Pigeons said:

Originally, I was going to say 4.5 but I figured 4.3 would really drive home the sarcasm. Sorry I failed you. But Alas, you are right. The 6'7" 300# OT didn't really run a 4.3 40. And I don't actually have any inside information on the health of his knee.

I missed the sarcasm too. My bad. I get it now.

• jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Pigeons said:

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

@jgf1031 said:

@Pigeons said:

Originally, I was going to say 4.5 but I figured 4.3 would really drive home the sarcasm. Sorry I failed you. But Alas, you are right. The 6'7" 300# OT didn't really run a 4.3 40. And I don't actually have any inside information on the health of his knee.

I caught it and loved it!

@Pigeons said:

@donm said:

It's not your fault, my sense of humor just isn't meant for the internet. Plus you're a good poster, you're allowed one mix up. [sarcasm]Just don't let it happen again... You're fresh out of second chances.[/sarcasm]

:wink:

I think I'm catching on now!!

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Pigeons said:

@donm said:

It's not your fault, my sense of humor just isn't meant for the internet. Plus you're a good poster, you're allowed one mix up. [sarcasm]Just don't let it happen again... You're fresh out of second chances.[/sarcasm]

:wink: