There's Been So Much Happening...

kelly_bkelly_b Posts: 807 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
edited December 5 in Football

I'm sure this has been covered more than enough here but these are my thoughts, and now that I've calmed down enough (which is just enough to be able t o write coherently) to come back to board and post, I'll do so. Mostly my posts are typically are brief. Not this time.

Sorry @DawgNationDaily - I haven't even been able to catch the podcast, either live on YouTube, my preferred platform (I like the crew there and I love the fans there) due to physical rehab or just plain soreness (pun intended) over the decision to exclude UGA.

Yep, a lot going on but I haven't been active lately. Thank you @Catfish for the message. I suppose I've been pretty depressed. Although I knew UGA wasn't getting in if they lost, there's no doubt in my mind that the Dawgs are one of the four best teams and I can make a case via stats and eyeballs that they are. In fact, that depression sorta transforms into anger when I think about how UGA were beating Bama for the majority of the de-facto natty before ultimately losing to "arguably the greatest college football team in history." I'll give them their respect. They're a great team, but this debacle, this charade is just absolutely ridiculous if the playoff committee's job is to put the four best teams in the series. That joke of a committee has been slobbering all over themselves from the outset to get ND in, but they've su cked so badly they couldn't justify it in the recent past. But hey, they went undefeated against a terrible schedule and nearly lost to Vandy, while Georgia nearly beats the best team in the multiverse, so they get in. ND finally had their aluminum tubes excuse, Rudy hath risen, and all of the CCG's are worthless.

Another reason I've been down is that my surgery was a failure and I'm scheduled for another one on Monday, this time a reverse-prosthesis, which should have been done in the first place. It's all really complex and technical so I won't bother getting into it. Maybe we have a surgeon here on the board who could pithily explain it, but it ain't me. Basically, my shoulder prosthesis slides around all day provoking ungodly pain. The sick thing is that, once they opened me up (my wife's uncle is a surgeon and explained this to me) they should have seen right away that the alternative, the prosthesis I currently have, wouldn't work. The surgical team made a last minute decision based on hope, not facts, not historical evidence, but "maybe." It was the surgical equivalent of, I dunno, I fake punt or FG. ****. I won't bore you anymore with that which is why I segued back into UGA's season.

At the beginning of this one, that's what we had: hope based on expectations around making the natty last year, and though ungrounded as they may have been, so many of us had it. What I'm about to write doesn't hearken back to the DAD days (Dawgs Against Donnan) or the sadly just-shy of accomplishing what we set out to do under Richt...year after year after year. When I write "next year will be off-the-charts great barring injury", that is not an echo of the decades of disappointment we experienced under Goff, Field Goal U (rich coming from a coach who never really accomplished anything or certainly couldn't sustain anything), or Coach pizza, bowling, prayer, and uncannily predictable losses in all the big games. No, there's ample reason to say point out that we're in for great things because we've already accomplished them. Just not that great thing.

We almost beat a Bama team when we were already beat up. We almost beat a Bama team being the youngest SEC team. That's two years in a row. I don't care what Uncle Lou says: these Dawgs are gonna have their day. It will happen while Saban is coaching Bama, and it will happen w/in the next 3 years.

This post has gone on a long time. Miss everyone here, but life's been rough for me lately and I haven't much felt like writing. But I'm about to listen to today's 12/5/2018 DND and get caught up as I peruse the board.

SIC 'EM! I'm so proud of this team. I could spend more time on how coaching screw'd us more than inexperience and poor execution...but not now. I'm looking forward. I'm looking forward to making Saban's eyelids curl and shrivel and weep grease, bacon-like. as reality finally catches up with the Bama mystique - GO DAWGS! It's happening.

Oh yeah. Best of luck to Mel Tucker, who deserves a HC position...just a better one than the one he landed.

Comments

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Holy @a_rattler , batman

• donmdonm Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@kelly_b said:
    I'm sure this has been covered more than enough here but these are my thoughts, and now that I've calmed down enough (which is just enough to be able t o write coherently) to come back to board and post, I'll do so. Mostly my posts are typically are brief. Not this time.

Sorry @DawgNationDaily - I haven't even been able to catch the podcast, either live on YouTube, my preferred platform (I like the crew there and I love the fans there) due to physical rehab or just plain soreness (pun intended) over the decision to exclude UGA.

Yep, a lot going on but I haven't been active lately. Thank you @Catfish for the message. I suppose I've been pretty depressed. Although I knew UGA wasn't getting in if they lost, there's no doubt in my mind that the Dawgs are one of the four best teams and I can make a case via stats and eyeballs that they are. In fact, that depression sorta transforms into anger when I think about how UGA were beating Bama for the majority of the de-facto natty before ultimately losing to "arguably the greatest college football team in history." I'll give them their respect. They're a great team, but this debacle, this charade is just absolutely ridiculous if the playoff committee's job is to put the four best teams in the series. That joke of a committee has been slobbering all over themselves from the outset to get ND in, but they've su cked so badly they couldn't justify it in the recent past. But hey, they went undefeated against a terrible schedule and nearly lost to Vandy, while Georgia nearly beats the best team in the multiverse, so they get in. ND finally had their aluminum tubes excuse, Rudy hath risen, and all of the CCG's are worthless.

Another reason I've been down is that my surgery was a failure and I'm scheduled for another one on Monday, this time a reverse-prosthesis, which should have been done in the first place. It's all really complex and technical so I won't bother getting into it. Maybe we have a surgeon here on the board who could pithily explain it, but it ain't me. Basically, my shoulder prosthesis slides around all day provoking ungodly pain. The sick thing is that, once they opened me up (my wife's uncle is a surgeon and explained this to me) they should have seen right away that the alternative, the prosthesis I currently have, wouldn't work. The surgical team made a last minute decision based on hope, not facts, not historical evidence, but "maybe." It was the surgical equivalent of, I dunno, I fake punt or FG. ****. I won't bore you anymore with that which is why I segued back into UGA's season.

At the beginning of this one, that's what we had: hope based on expectations around making the natty last year, and though ungrounded as they may have been, so many of us had it. What I'm about to write doesn't hearken back to the DAD days (Dawgs Against Donnan) or the sadly just-shy of accomplishing what we set out to do under Richt...year after year after year. When I write "next year will be off-the-charts great barring injury", that is not an echo of the decades of disappointment we experienced under Goff, Field Goal U (rich coming from a coach who never really accomplished anything or certainly couldn't sustain anything), or Coach pizza, bowling, prayer, and uncannily predictable losses in all the big games. No, there's ample reason to say point out that we're in for great things because we've already accomplished them. Just not that great thing.

We almost beat a Bama team when we were already beat up. We almost beat a Bama team being the youngest SEC team. That's two years in a row. I don't care what Uncle Lou says: these Dawgs are gonna have their day. It will happen while Saban is coaching Bama, and it will happen w/in the next 3 years.

This post has gone on a long time. Miss everyone here, but life's been rough for me lately and I haven't much felt like writing. But I'm about to listen to today's 12/5/2018 DND and get caught up as I peruse the board.

SIC 'EM! I'm so proud of this team. I could spend more time on how coaching screw'd us more than inexperience and poor execution...but not now. I'm looking forward. I'm looking forward to making Saban's eyelids curl and shrivel and weep grease, bacon-like. as reality finally catches up with the Bama mystique - GO DAWGS! It's happening.

Oh yeah. Best of luck to Mel Tucker, who deserves a HC position...just a better one than the one he landed.

Hang in there Kelly B. Better days just around the corner for you.

• DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 615 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

" I'm looking forward. I'm looking forward to making Saban's eyelids curl and shrivel and weep grease, bacon-like. as reality finally catches up with the Bama mystique - GO DAWGS! It's happening."

Oh Man, could someone please put that into a Kick Azz song!

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 565 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I hope and pray your next surgery goes exactly like you'd want it to.

Let's stick around and see our Dawgs win it all. We've been waiting long enough.

Kirby is bound to learn something even if it takes a bunch of mamas and grandmamas of potential recruits getting on his case about 4th and Boneheaded.

Go, Dawgs!

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yo Kelly B bro, chin up and hang in there

• allywallyw Posts: 183 ✭✭✭ Junior

I am so sorry you’re going through this, @kelly_b. I’m going to keep you and your family in my prayers. We are all rooting for you!!!!

• levanderlevander Posts: 3,706 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is such a sorry point for so many in the forum, I almost hate to bring it up. But with regards to almost beating Bama twice...

Both times I sat down to watch the game thinking we had a chance, but not much of one. Both times I’m watching the game thinking, “Holy ****! We’re beating them!”. Both times Bama came back in the fourth quarter and barely eked out a victory, We are doing so much better against Bama than we’re supposed to be doing,

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 8,832 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@kelly_b said:

Medical issues can have many layers and types of pain. I'm contemplating risking surgery on a hernia, I've rejected the procedure for 3 years because so many of this type go bad and make matters worse. Now the hernia has worsened and I'm reconsidering my alternatives. It's painful, limiting, and isolating.
    Good luck with your prosthesis, I'm sure they'll get it right soon and you'll be back out there fighting the good fight.

• Dawg1419Dawg1419 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Good luck @kelly_b they will get it right this time. Dawgs on top soon.

• orlandoorlando Posts: 798 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Good luck to ya B. I’ve been thru a couple of major surgeries over the last year, stay positive and faith.

• Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 87 ✭✭✭ Junior

@WCDawg said:

@kelly_b said:

Medical issues can have many layers and types of pain. I'm contemplating risking surgery on a hernia, I've rejected the procedure for 3 years because so many of this type go bad and make matters worse. Now the hernia has worsened and I'm reconsidering my alternatives. It's painful, limiting, and isolating.
    Good luck with your prosthesis, I'm sure they'll get it right soon and you'll be back out there fighting the good fight.

Get it done, man. Hernia surgery is nothing like it used to be. I had the procedure done in 2014 in Jacksonville FL. I was good to go 3 days later and been fine since. I really don't even have a scar anymore.

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Been through my share of pain and I was encouraged by my faith and by the words of Clint Eastwood from Heartbreak Ridge, "Improvise, adapt, overcome." Just keep puttin' one foot in front of the other brother. @kelly_b you and your doctors are in my thoughts and my prayers.