Does Tucker take anyone with him?

texdawgtexdawg Posts: 270 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I may have missed it on here but is there any word on who, if anyone, CMT may be taking from CKS's staff?

Position Coaches are easily replaced in college - however- elite recruiters are not.

I realize Dell, Schu, Cooley and Pittman aren't leaving with CMT - but these 4 will be difficult to replace if and when they move on to other opportunities.

Comments

• KaseyKasey Posts: 4,671 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lanning or Tray Scott are the only two I can see but even those I doubt

• PaulKirklandPaulKirkland Posts: 18 ✭ Freshman

Mel Tucker has worked a lot of places and has gotten to know a lot of position coaches through the years, both college and NFL. Meaning: he has a lot of contacts outside the Georgia group onto which to pull guys that he wants to work with at CU. He might bring a Grad Assistant with him and offer them their first position coach job. But don't see anyone else moving.

• MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 700 ✭✭✭ Junior

Jordan Davis, Eric Stokes, Tyson Campbell, Otis Reese, Quay Walker, Justin Fields, James Cook etc. etc. ect. if he could. 😂😂😂

• levanderlevander Posts: 3,706 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The good news is he’s going to Colorado. It’s not like Richt who went from Florida State to another resource rich program like UGA. I don’t remember if Richt took some FSU guys or not. But he was certainly more in a position to than Tucker is.

• SECFan13SECFan13 Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman

Colorado is a great job if he can get some quality recruits.

• PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 717 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@levander said:
    The good news is he’s going to Colorado. It’s not like Richt who went from Florida State to another resource rich program like UGA. I don’t remember if Richt took some FSU guys or not. But he was certainly more in a position to than Tucker is.

Richt brought Dave Van Halanger, who was fsu's S&C guy at the time and John Lilly, I believe. Could be forgetting someone.

• DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 615 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@greshamdisco said:
    A lot of people are high on Colorado. Coach Tucker can roll up a good recruiting group, fire up the fans, and smoke the competition in his division. Good players in CO don’t grow like weeds, but they will light up with what they have at their Spring game which is 4/20 this year.

Primo Post.

• donmdonm Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@greshamdisco said:
    A lot of people are high on Colorado. Coach Tucker can roll up a good recruiting group, fire up the fans, and smoke the competition in his division. Good players in CO don’t grow like weeds, but they will light up with what they have at their Spring game which is 4/20 this year.

pretty clever. NCAA still has its outmoded rules though.

• dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Probably not but maybe a staffer or two. Who are not on the field coaches. He needs west coast coaches to make his job a whole lot easier. Because he doesn’t know the landscape out there like he does the south east.

• orlandoorlando Posts: 798 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@DawgBones said:

@greshamdisco said:

Primo Post.

Dope post DB

• MyKeithbb09MyKeithbb09 Posts: 426 ✭✭✭ Junior

@PTDawg said:

@levander said:

Richt brought Dave Van Halanger, who was fsu's S&C guy at the time and John Lilly, I believe. Could be forgetting someone.

John Lilly came some years later after Richt getting the job

• MyKeithbb09MyKeithbb09 Posts: 426 ✭✭✭ Junior

I can see him taking someone from the S&C program & I think he will take either Nick Williams & Bacarri Rambo in some form on his coaching staff. I hope Kirby keep Rambo because I think he is a super star recruiter and coach in the making.

• greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Rambo is staying. Tucker could poach other SEC teams, too, which could help us. The big problem for Tucker is Colorado’s coaching budget is a fraction of Georgia’s.

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@greshamdisco said:
    A lot of people are high on Colorado, and CMT is the one to clean up the joint. If he can roll up a good recruiting group and fire up the fans, he will smoke the competition in his division. Good players in CO don’t grow like weeds, but maybe he can smuggle a few across the border. They will light up with what they have at their Spring game which is on 4/20 this year.

Worthy. Indeed worthy.

• LowcountryDawg21LowcountryDawg21 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@greshamdisco said:
    A lot of people are high on Colorado, and CMT is the one to clean up the joint. If he can roll up a good recruiting group and fire up the fans, he will smoke the competition in his division. Good players in CO don’t grow like weeds, but maybe he can smuggle a few across the border. They will light up with what they have at their Spring game which is on 4/20 this year.

Cheech Marin for OC. Tommy Chong for DC.

• Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 87 ✭✭✭ Junior

@LowcountryDawg21 said:

@greshamdisco said:

Cheech Marin for OC. Tommy Chong for DC.

Yeah and I heard Willie Nelson is the AD

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@greshamdisco said:
    Rambo is staying. Tucker could poach other SEC teams, too, which could help us. The big problem for Tucker is Colorado’s coaching budget is a fraction of Georgia’s.

Quite literally. They paid $3 mil to assistants in 2018, and still owe the coordinators 2 years and had the rest of the staff on 2 year deals, which I think is unusual. Georgia paid $6.42 million to assistants in 2018. $3 mil vs $6.42. Imagine the difference in the two support staffs and recruiting budget. He has his work cut out for him.

• DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 615 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Does Tucker take anyone with him?

Not positive but I'm pretty sure his wife, Jo-Ellyn, will be going with him.

• joe_rush45joe_rush45 Posts: 142 ✭✭✭ Junior

RAMBO could become the DB coach ; he gets my vote

I’m sure Kirby can understand Rambo’s resume / can mold him just as he’s doing Schuman