Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

It's complicated and emotional

texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As I was reading and posting about the "potential" Fields/Ford transfers last night, I couldn't help but be reminded just how emotional sports can be - but especially Football.

I could read the anger, frustration and fear for the possibility of Fields transfer. Part of it was driven by losing a great prospect and part was because of the timing.There was even a lot of pride in what Fromm has accomplished - but no one was happy with the decision.

But what really put it over the top was that we were already emotionally over charged because of ESD tomorrow - do we get Dean, Sanders, Hasselwood, Stevenson, etc.? Do we get the #1, #2 or #3 class? All this on top of being just a couple weeks removed from having our hearts ripped out at the SECCG.

Football is emotional - whether your a fan, player, parent or coach.

For those of you that haven't spent time on a high school or college sideline, it would be almost impossible to describe how emotional it gets during a game. It's a battle.

As a coach you learn to deal with emotional parents who are upset with either how much their kid is playing or where their kid is playing.

But one of the most emotional things I deal with as a coach is hugging a senior who just finished playing his last football game. And for 90% of them, it's the last time they'll ever strap on a helmet.

But all these emotions just make the sport of football that much more "awesomer". (Made up word)

On Labor day weekend, one of my dearest friends, a 38 year old father of 5, was having emergency surgery to save his life from complications of cancer. Was given less than 10% chance of survival. (Ole Miss was playing Texas Tech on TV in waiting room).

He spent the entire football season in ICU - 92 days.

We celebrated him leaving the ICU and preparing to go home on the Saturday of SECCG. My son and I had to leave the house at the end of the third quarter to drive to the hospital for the celebration. So, as we are hugging friends and celebrating the incredible miracle of my dear friends life - the end of the SECCG was happening right before my eyes.

Needless to say I was an emotional wreck. So incredibly blessed to see my friend go home and devastated with Hurts last touchdown. All happening at the same time.

But that is what makes being a fan of a team like our Georgia Bulldogs so special. Having to deal with the everyday emotions of life with the the incredible emotional highs/lows of cheering on our Dawgs.

Heres to wishing the best of luck to Fields and Ford. To the success of CKS and his staff on ESD. And to you Dawg fans - hopefully a #1 recruiting class and Sugar Bowl win will be delivered under your Christmas Tree.

Go Dawgs

Comments

• Options
    PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2018

Love your passion and your perspective.

• Options
    texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@PTDawg said:
    Love your passion and your perspective.

Thank you