Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Happy New Year - To Everyone

kelly_bkelly_b Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I just wanted to take a brief moment to wish everyone a happy (whatever that means to YOU) new year. Been kind of a weird year for me, especially the last couple of months w/ the first and second surgeries etc. But as I came to after the second one - and I admit to leaning a little to the cheesy side a bit - I really did rediscover the things I am grateful for and Dawg Nation is one of those things. Nine times out of ten when I come to this board, I find something that makes me smile or laugh. Oddly, since leaving the U.S., I've followed the Dawgs in a much more intense way than I did when I was stateside. I attribute that to taking things for granted. But now that I live overseas, I don't. The board - and the Dawg Nation in general - has kept me grounded and, during those times when I'm feeling a little homesick, plugs me back into my old life and represents continuity. So, thanks to everyone for contributing to the conversation(s) and best wishes for 2019.

Comments

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,406 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Happy new year Kelly and all. I too had an extended break from DN over the summer and early fall due to surgery and (ongoing) chemo. It really does change my perspective on life especially emphasizing the value of family and friends. I enjoy this forum and, as many make their resolutions, would strongly encourage all to not take your health for granted. If you should take a test TAKE IT! My issue was made considerably worse by my own stupidity in self diagnosing my problem. Good luck and prosperity to all for 2019 and GO DAWGS!

• Options
    CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2019

Happy New year to you @kelly_b. Hope you have a successful recovery from your surgeries. Having been through an ACL, an acromioplasty and 2 back surgeries I know what you're going through. Best wishes. GATA!

• Options

Thanks @Catfish, @Denmen185.

Oof, Cat, that's a tough surgical resume.

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@kelly_b bro happy new year!

• Options

And to you, @JRT812 - best wishes!

• Options
    CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@kelly_b said:
    Thanks @Catfish, @Denmen185.

Oof, Cat, that's a tough surgical resume.

As Terrible Ted put it, "workin' hard, playin' hard!"

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@kelly_b Here’s to your health sir. A very Happy New Year to you & yours, & also a prayer for your continued recovery.

• Options

Thx @christopherules - Much appreciated and getting better everyday. Dang- Clemson destroyed Bama. hahaha