Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Some Suggestions to Help Not Think About Georgia Football

brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

i think we have all worked ourselves up about this football season and we need to turn our attention elsewhere. i think we should let things happen as they come and stop the speculation (DC hiring, commits, transfers, early NFL)

personally, i'm turning my attention to the Georgia Basketball program. Tom Crean looks like a promising coach, but he needs the fan base to support him.

MLB season is also right around the corner 😏. The Braves should be a contender this year.

Comments

• Dawg1419Dawg1419 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

But b-ball su cks, so what do I do?

• brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Dawg1419 said:

are you saying the team does or the sport in general?

• LincolnParkDawgLincolnParkDawg Posts: 346 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Good suggestions to move on. It took most of the day for me to get past that debacle last night!

@LincolnParkDawg said:
    Good suggestions to move on. It took most of the day for me to get past that debacle last night!

me too, but i'm looking forward to basketball season. i know the football program will handle itself. this will be the least talented team Georgia has for the foreseeable future.

• volatilisvolatilis Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

To be honest, I wasn't expecting much last night. My expectations on this season was not riding on how we did in the Sugar Bowl. I said earlier in the year that nothing mattered except making it to the playoffs. I think most of the team felt that way. Sure, I wanted them to win but not gonna matter next year what happened last night. The best have gone into the Sugar Bowl and got beat because they weren't wanting to really be there. We're still going to have a great team next year and hope some calls go our way and balls bounce our way. Go Dawgs!!

• LincolnParkDawgLincolnParkDawg Posts: 346 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2019

I hear you about wanting to be in the playoffs and the team not wanting to play in the Sugar Bowl...But it is the Sugar Bowl and we did go there to win, just like any other game. I can’t excuse it because it was a non-playoff, meaningless bowl. That attitude from the players perspective got the results we saw last night. Texas didn’t see it that way and went in the game to win. All the rhetoric we heard from staff and players about how they play to a high standard no matter the opponent was just that, rhetoric. I think we learn from this and we’ll be that much better next season.

@brentwilson said:

@Dawg1419 said:

Sport

@Dawg1419 said:

@brentwilson said:

@Dawg1419 said:

Sport

it's pretty fun if you ask me. playing or watching.

@brentwilson said:

@Dawg1419 said:

@brentwilson said:

@Dawg1419 said:

Sport

it's pretty fun if you ask me. playing or watching.

Good fer ya I can’t do it