Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Anybody offended by

12346»

Comments

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hate the left. I really do. I'm not even that conservative personally. I just hate dishonest con artists. The left preaches all this hateful rhetoric, then turns around and blames conservatives as being the hateful ones. It's unbelievable to me how many fall for their scam.

These kids were sitting there waiting on a bus, they start getting harassed by a bunch of racists call the black isrealites or something, so they start singing school songs to drown out the hate, this antagonistic indian guy walks right in the middle of them and starts banging a drum in this kids face, the kid doesn't back down and actually smiles trying to diffuse it.... that's when the PR propaganda kicks in. Tries to falsely smear this kid, this A hole indian gets on national TV and outright lies about what happens, then the internet lynchings begin with death threats to a bunch of decent teenagers. They actually had to close their school in Kentucky today because of the zealots and their threats. They're posting information about minors that weren't even at the capital during this event.

The fake news is dangerous. The hate being peddled for dollars is dangerous. I will no longer tolerate this and will speak up to expose these frauds for what they are. The alternative is the death of freedom.

• Options
    Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@RxDawg said:
    I hate the left. I really do. I'm not even that conservative personally. I just hate dishonest con artists. The left preaches all this hateful rhetoric, then turns around and blames conservatives as being the hateful ones. It's unbelievable to me how many fall for their scam.

These kids were sitting there waiting on a bus, they start getting harassed by a bunch of racists call the black isrealites or something, so they start singing school songs to drown out the hate, this antagonistic indian guy walks right in the middle of them and starts banging a drum in this kids face, the kid doesn't back down and actually smiles trying to diffuse it.... that's when the PR propaganda kicks in. Tries to falsely smear this kid, this A hole indian gets on national TV and outright lies about what happens, then the internet lynchings begin with death threats to a bunch of decent teenagers. They actually had to close their school in Kentucky today because of the zealots and their threats. They're posting information about minors that weren't even at the capital during this event.

The fake news is dangerous. The hate being peddled for dollars is dangerous. I will no longer tolerate this and will speak up to expose these frauds for what they are. The alternative is the death of freedom.

RxDawg, you'll love this!

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2019/01/22/this-company-just-took-gillettes-nonsense-toxic-masculinity-ad-campaign-to-the-w-n2539376

• Options
    Steve_ZissouSteve_Zissou Posts: 307 ✭✭✭ Junior

Take a lap, son.
    A-hole Indian has done more this country than you, captain bone spur and these MAGA dbags ever will

• Options
    Bsampson0317Bsampson0317 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior

“If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”

• Options
    BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@Kasey said:

@BamaDawg said:

@BigDawgEatin said:

@BamaDawg said:

@Steve_Zissou said:
    I stand by my statement
    This is how Cons raise their kids these days. Entitled and No respect for elders.
    My mom would whoop my behind if I got in the face of an older gentleman, especially Native American or Veteran.
    But this is Trumps America, it’s encouraged

Well then here is a statement that I STAND BY.... you are an ignorant little S.H..IT and its people like you that are slowly destroying America. You take a snippet of something and run with it. You hear what you want to hear and if it isn't what you like, you begin to throw names on it: racist, misogynistic, hater, and anything else that you can think of to label it. You are the modern day version of the Brown Shirts and I have no doubt that you would be one of the first to participate in another Night of the Long Knives.

@BamaDawg said:

@Steve_Zissou said:
    I stand by my statement
    This is how Cons raise their kids these days. Entitled and No respect for elders.
    My mom would whoop my behind if I got in the face of an older gentleman, especially Native American or Veteran.

Well then here is a statement that I STAND BY.... you are an ignorant little S.H..IT and its people like you that are slowly destroying America. You take a snippet of something and run with it. You hear what you want to hear and if it isn't what you like, you begin to throw names on it: racist, misogynistic, hater, and anything else that you can think of to label it. You are the modern day version of the Brown Shirts and I have no doubt that you would be one of the first to participate in another Night of the Long Knives.

A true sentiment has never been spoken.

😂

of course he meant truer. Otherwise, everyone would be a liar?

I did goober it up. But I agree with the statement even though it seems to counteract my other post. Just because I can't live up to statement doesn't mean I can't agree with it.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

@BamaDawg said:

@donm said:

@Kasey said:

@BamaDawg said:

@BigDawgEatin said:

@BamaDawg said:

@Steve_Zissou said:
    I stand by my statement

@BamaDawg said:

@Steve_Zissou said:
    I stand by my statement

A true sentiment has never been spoken.

😂

of course he meant truer. Otherwise, everyone would be a liar?

I did goober it up. But I agree with the statement even though it seems to counteract my other post. Just because I can't live up to statement doesn't mean I can't agree with it.

Fair enough.

and we as a country would benefit if more people could just hear someone's opinion on something they disagreed with and just said "fair enough" and moved on (I include myself)

• Options
    BigDawgEatinBigDawgEatin Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options

@YaleDawg said:

@RxDawg said:

People who deal in absolutes are rarely right. You criticize these kids for being smeared while using a vague generalization of the "left" as preaching hate and being dishonest con artists. Is that not a smear? You can't possibly know what everyone on the "left" thinks so how can you describe them as such? That's like saying all conservatives are racist and inbred which I'm sure you would protest. You can't seriously say the left owns fake news when there are several right-wing outlets known to live off fake news. The world isn't just black and white or good and evil.

You are correct. But I have seen enough to know that I could never support the political left in how they carry themselves. I also try to reject absolutes. My wife hates this because every time she comes home gripping about someone I try to see it from all sides when she just wants a "yeh so and so sucks, you go girl". But I never see honor from the left. Constant finger pointing, constant deflections, constant accusations of stuff that they are usually themselves guilty of. They bully people and then claim to be the victim. And I'm sorry, but I have seen enough that I think they should be called out on it. It's the only reason I'm so passionate about a topic that I used to avoid at all costs. And most of the time I'm not referring to democrat voters. Hell, I watch UGA football with a die hard democrat every weekend. I know their hearts are in the right place. I just think they've been emotionally manipulated and mislead and can't see the big picture many times in how destructive most left leaning policies can be. I'm aware that I too could of been manipulated. I try to reject emotional stuff from all sides. But I also watch how leaders of both parties act, the rhetoric they say. Well... I've seen enough. I do not trust the intentions of our current democratic politicians at all. I don't know if it's ignorance, or malicious.... but I'm beginning to suspect the later more and more. If you desire a free and successful American middle class you really should take a harder look at what the Dems do and the results they give birth to.

• Options
    BigDawgEatinBigDawgEatin Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2019

@RxDawg said:

@YaleDawg said:

@RxDawg said:

People who deal in absolutes are rarely right. You criticize these kids for being smeared while using a vague generalization of the "left" as preaching hate and being dishonest con artists. Is that not a smear? You can't possibly know what everyone on the "left" thinks so how can you describe them as such? That's like saying all conservatives are racist and inbred which I'm sure you would protest. You can't seriously say the left owns fake news when there are several right-wing outlets known to live off fake news. The world isn't just black and white or good and evil.

You are correct. But I have seen enough to know that I could never support the political left in how they carry themselves. I also try to reject absolutes. My wife hates this because every time she comes home gripping about someone I try to see it from all sides when she just wants a "yeh so and so sucks, you go girl". But I never see honor from the left. Constant finger pointing, constant deflections, constant accusations of stuff that they are usually themselves guilty of. They bully people and then claim to be the victim. And I'm sorry, but I have seen enough that I think they should be called out on it. It's the only reason I'm so passionate about a topic that I used to avoid at all costs. And most of the time I'm not referring to democrat voters. Hell, I watch UGA football with a die hard democrat every weekend. I know their hearts are in the right place. I just think they've been emotionally manipulated and mislead and can't see the big picture many times in how destructive most left leaning policies can be. I'm aware that I too could of been manipulated. I try to reject emotional stuff from all sides. But I also watch how leaders of both parties act, the rhetoric they say. Well... I've seen enough. I do not trust the intentions of our current democratic politicians at all. I don't know if it's ignorance, or malicious.... but I'm beginning to suspect the later more and more. If you desire a free and successful American middle class you really should take a harder look at what the Dems do and the results they give birth to.

But yet you trust the good ole honest president TRUMP AND HIS GANG OF STAND UP GUYS ON THE RIGHT. Okay.

• Options
    UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Stingray2112 said:
    What is wrong with a message that it's not ok to be a punk? If you don't think that kid's learn this hyper masculine bullying behavior from adults you are kidding yourself. I teach high school and see this every day. What is wrong with a company sending the message that we are better than that?

The way we dealt with bullies when I was in high school back in the 80s was to just beat their a$$es....and then, nine times out of 10, the bully problem was solved. Nowadays, though...kids are taught that they can't stand up for themselves....and commercials like this just reinforce that message. I have no problems with teaching boys not to behave like punks around girls and women and to treat them with respect.....but I absolutely refused to raise my 3 boys to believe that they weren't allowed to defend themselves from bullies.

• Options

@Stingray2112 said:
    Just get a Merkur safety razor and blades and don't be an a-hole to people and you're covered on both counts. I moved to the safety razor and have never looked back. Better shave and way cheaper.

Same here. Been using a safety razor now for the last 5 years.....when I decide to shave, that is. Hope the beard I wear doesn't offend someone's sensibilities or make me look too masculine. But then again, I really don't care if it does.

• Options
    edited January 2019

Except for the video that refuted the entire incident, I guess not. However, the kid didn't do anything s tupid to the old man who was chanting in his face that Europeans should go back to their own country, so I guess he was taught to respect old men after all, hmmm? Basically, what happened was that the media wanted a confrontation between the 2 groups so that they could report that white kids wearing MAGA hats beat up a group of Indians. When that didn't happen, they resorted to smear tactics.

When will the people of this country realize that the media....or, at least media with a left or right-leaning agenda...is the real enemy here?

• Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BigDawgEatin said:

@RxDawg said:

@YaleDawg said:

@RxDawg said:

But yet you trust the good ole honest president TRUMP AND HIS GANG OF STAND UP GUYS ON THE RIGHT. Okay.

And when Trump is gone, you will still be supporting the same dishonest crooks you currently support on the left - and remain just as unaware.

Pelosi, Schumer, and Reid have done far more damage to the country than Trump could ever muster. Those three are the reason we have Trump. And McConnell, McCain, and Boehner have done their fair share as well.

• Options

@Bankwalker said:

@BigDawgEatin said:

@RxDawg said:

@YaleDawg said:

@RxDawg said:

And when Trump is gone, you will still be supporting the same dishonest crooks you currently support on the left - and remain just as unaware.

Pelosi, Schumer, and Reid have done far more damage to the country than Trump could ever muster. Those three are the reason we have Trump. And McConnell, McCain, and Boehner have done their fair share as well.

It still amazes me that those people continue to get support and win elections. How!? I guess as long as your smiling politely while you stab the people in the back then it's ok.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

@RxDawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@BigDawgEatin said:

@RxDawg said:

@YaleDawg said:

@RxDawg said:

It still amazes me that those people continue to get support and win elections. How!? I guess as long as your smiling politely while you stab the people in the back then it's ok.

a true politician stabs you in the front

• Options
    BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BigDawgEatin said:

@RxDawg said:

@YaleDawg said:

@RxDawg said:

I doubt anyone would say Trump has never lied. My question to you is to name me a president that hasn't lied. Remember this "If you like you doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor", or this "I did not has sex with that woman", or this "we are invading Iraq because of WMDs".

Double or nothing if you can name a politician that hasn't lied. I wonder if any current politicians who says a wall is immoral has ever supported a wall in the past?

Unfortunately every politician has done it. Doesn't make it right, just normal.

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The reason Trump supporters are always asking “Show me where he lied” is because he is often accused of lying when in fact, he was not lying. He was just saying something the media didn’t want to hear. Today’s media acts as much like politicians as politicians do. And they don’t have to go for nearly the broad appeal that someone who wants to win a presidential election has to go for, so they can get away with a lot more and just try to appeal to a more hardcore base.

Trump lies. Just not nearly as often as the media accuses him of lying.

At least that!s how it was during the last presidential election. Things might have changed since then. I kind of got over the whole politics thing during the last presidential election because the way people act is just so ridiculous. It makes it not worth following.

• Options
    kelly_bkelly_b Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate