Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

GOAT Dinner

13»

Comments

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@TNDawg71 said:
    Greg Maddux
    Pele
    Wayne Gretzky
    Hershel Walker
    Bjorn Borg
    Michael Jordan
    Mia Hamm
    Jim Thorpe
    Jackie Robinson
    Babe Ruth

Good stuff. Borg might make my list if I had a do-over.

• Options
    BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BamaDawg said:

@Bigcalidawg

Can we change the list, so it’s just athletes, and not GOATS?

The idea was your idea of GOATs to have dinner with. But you can put who u want.

1. Mark Fydrich
    2. Mark Lemongello
    3. Lawrence Taylor
    4. Wilt Chamberlain
    5. Kareem Abdul Jabaar
    6. Ken Stabler
    7. Abdullah The Butcher
    8. Serena Williams (In my lap)
    9. Al Hrabosky
    10. Rickey Henderson
  • Options
    Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Awesome job on that .gif, that's impressive really.

• Options
    TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Bigcalidawg said:

@BamaDawg said:

@Bigcalidawg

Can we change the list, so it’s just athletes, and not GOATS?

The idea was your idea of GOATs to have dinner with. But you can put who u want.

1. Mark Fydrich
    2. Mark Lemongello
    3. Lawrence Taylor
    4. Wilt Chamberlain
    5. Kareem Abdul Jabaar
    6. Ken Stabler
    7. Abdullah The Butcher
    8. Serena Williams (In my lap)
    9. Al Hrabosky
    10. Rickey Henderson

Gotta love "The Bird", what an unpleasant way to die

• Options
    JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Bulldawg1982 said:

Awesome job on that .gif, that's impressive really.

full disclosure: It's from a video made by someone else.

• Options
    kelly_bkelly_b Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Seems like almost everyone would like to have dinner with Mad Dog. Pitcher's pitcher for sure. To do what he did during the steroid era and not being a power guy causes you to know that he would be a great conversation. I love Smoltzy and enjoy his commentary but I also wish Maddux would consider doing that as well, although it seems a little contrary to his personality.

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@kelly_b said:
    Seems like almost everyone would like to have dinner with Mad Dog. Pitcher's pitcher for sure. To do what he did during the steroid era and not being a power guy causes you to know that he would be a great conversation. I love Smoltzy and enjoy his commentary but I also wish Maddux would consider doing that as well, although it seems a little contrary to his personality.

I got to hang out with Greg and Mike Maddux in the mid 90s for a few minutes one on one. They were playing the Augusta National, and got to hangout for a little bit before they went and played. Nice guys, heard they were pretty decent pitchers too.

• Options
    kelly_bkelly_b Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Teddy - Yeah, somebody told me that they were alright pitchers lol. Great story, btw. I envy you.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2019

Herschel Walker
    Bobby Jones
    Roy Jones
    Ty Cobb
    Kirby Smart
    Roger Bannister
    Mike Miley
    Jake Fromm
    Walter Payton

The party would be hosted by a young Chris Evert at her Boca Raton estate.

Mike Miley was the best athlete I ever saw in my life. Used to watch him play football when we were both kids. We all watched him even though he was younger because he was worth watching. I didn't know him personally, but he was friends with my brother who said he was a great guy.

Go, Dawgs!