Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Tickets vs ND

brady01brady01 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

When is the best time to buy tickets typically and get the best prices? Got to see UGA vs ND this year.

Comments

• Options
    YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hear Jeffrey Cook has some good deals

• Options
    MIghtydawgMIghtydawg Posts: 984 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

no one will have tickets in hand until August.

• Options
    fmr33fmr33 Posts: 210 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

i’m sure prices will be sky high come August. anticipation will only build as UGA and ND are winning prior to the matchup. my advice would be to either buy before the season starts, or a couple of days or so before the game. not in between.

• Options
    Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not sure but I've got $700 saved up so far for 2 tickets and I feel like I'm only half way there.

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2019

I can easily see some folks having to shell out a LOT of cash for this game. The stakes couldn't be much higher (or could they?) for an early season non-conference TOP 10 match up. I would suppose that ND could possibly break into the TOP10? Anyway, the anticipation is going to be HUGE leading up to ND playing in Athens.

• Options
    ColumboColumbo Posts: 283 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

We have a room at the Graduate Hotel in Downtown Athens for Notre Dame.

Thankful for all of my TV Residuals that supplement my pension from the Police Department.

• Options
    PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He actually did an excellent job for a TON of fans, including myself and MANY of my friends. It was a matter of supply and demand. When his "vendors" didn't produce, he was left without enough tickets to supply everyone that bought from him. He also refunded everyone that didn't get tickets. Also, he was charged with his business license running out ......a month prior. Big whoop-ti-do. A mountain was made out of a molehill.

• Options

Don't write checks you can't cash. He guaranteed tickets up until the day before the game he knew he couldn't deliver. He also skipped town before he was supposed to report to jail. He may have gotten tickets to some people but he still conned others.

• Options
    PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not gonna get into a p!$$!ng contest with you; he was just trying to do all he could to get the tickets to his customers. Like I stated, he refunded everyone’s money that didn’t get tickets. He wasn’t trying to con anyone. He is one of the main reasons the Dawgs took over South Bend that day. And it was GREAT!

• Options
    Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Something tells me you were close to that guy. Pretty strong opinion about his thoughts and “intentions” when you technically should have no idea.....hmmmmm

• Options

Dude had to pay over 8k in restitution. There is no way he got everyone their money back

• Options
    PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I will be in need of some tickets for sure

• Options
    kelly_bkelly_b Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That's the gif right there @christopherules - I've managed to actually get my wife into American football and I told her that I'm going to take her to a game at Samford. ND crossed my mind (for the French connection) but it's just not feasible for us. I'm guessing it will have to one of the minor games...but just for her to at least see a half of a game of what it's like there when the crowd starts rolling, I'm pretty psyched about that. But in addition to the airline tix, there's the game tix and probably a car rental to consider. But who knows...maybe UT (we do play them at home this year, right?)...that would be cool.

• Options
    BigDawgHuntinBigDawgHuntin Posts: 94 ✭✭✭ Junior

Since I am Catholic already, all I should have to do is pray hard and the tickets should fall from the sky. Just in case, I have my “Ring” doorbell camera adjusted to have the camera looking up towards the sky. Don’t need anyone snatching them off my front porch.

• Options
    DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2019

TN game is in Knocksville this year but the following weekend (Oct 12) might work, we host USCjr in Athens.

• Options

@kelly_b So happy in anticipation for you and your wife to possibly be getting to be a part of the wonderful atmosphere that is always surrounding a game day in the “Classic City”, and then to actually see everything that makes Athens, Georgia just so special! Excited for you, prayers too in “pulling it off” with the finances side of it all. I can only dream of doing such with my crew. My lovely wife, and our four littles? We simply scream GO DAWGS at the TV from way out here in San Diego. I’ll always cherish my childhood memories of how my father led me to learn to love all things GEORGIA at such an early age. The greatest gifts we have in life are such blessings to us all, aren’t they? Looking forward to hearing how your story develops! Thanks for sharing, and?? GO DAWGS!!!

• Options

@DawgBones - thx for that. I suppose I could have searched it but I'd rather get feedback from y'all. You're right...the USCjr game would be good fun for her. I think she'd laugh pretty hard at their chicken mascot, too.

@christopherules - Thanks. Yeah, pretty grateful for the possibility that we may be able to make a game next year and for her to experience a Saturday in Athens.

• Options
  • Options

Thanks much @christopherules - Much better looking schedule than last year's, eh?

• Options
    amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope you and your wife make it to a game this year. Watch/listen for this:

https://youtu.be/lo_np3gJVzE