Pickens?

amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I know several members have commented on this in different threads, but does Pickens qualify this season or did we just invest on extra lottery tickets for him in the future? I think either is a win, but I’ve goggled and can’t find anything definite… Anyone with any inside info?

Comments

• amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

^Googled" - don't see and edit option

• MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No inside info, but I have a sneaky suspicion that he'll qualify. 😎😎😎

• DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 229 ✭✭✭ Junior

Also no inside info but I gather w/o it being stated is that CKS knows what he is doing and things must look promising.

• YK_DAWG24YK_DAWG24 Posts: 248 ✭✭✭ Junior

Isn't it too early to tell? I mean he does have to finish out the semester 🤷🏾‍♂️

• ThisDawgThisDawg Posts: 639 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

We won't know until summer. I think it's clear he will be a summer school enrollee already.

• RedFiveRedFive Posts: 11 ✭✭ Sophomore

Word from some reliable posters elsewhere is he will qualify.

• willpruden3willpruden3 Posts: 89 ✭✭✭ Junior

Did anybody else feel no excitement from him or his family in the video announcement? There hardly any genuine smiles, and the family looked like they were at funeral. It was one of the weiredest announcements ive seen. Could that also be a sign that Pickens will be inelligable this year?

• GeorgiaGirlGeorgiaGirl Posts: 159 ✭✭✭ Junior

It probably has to do more with the fact there's heavy pressure deep in Alabama territory to stick with one of the big guns of the state. There was a reason his announcement got moved out of his high school. It has nothing to do with the eligibility question, which the rumor is he's actually on track to...barely as of right now.

• RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agree. Kept his head down after announcing like he was embarrassed or something.

• Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 713 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He was in enemy territory which happens to be his home state. Plus he was committed to Auburn, one of the 2 instate schools for a long time. Nobody, not even his friends seemed aware that he was gonna flip. So, he prolly felt bad.

In the interview afterwards he said his decision was hard and that Auburn and Georgia was one in the same for him. But he chose Georgia because he wanted to be on a winning team. Lol

• DawgforeverDawgforever Posts: 283 ✭✭✭ Junior

He wants to play for a national championship caliber team not a dumpster fire. Lol. He should be proud to be a DAWG

• PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

as of a few weeks ago I heard he was not going to be eligible... we will see

• UGADAWG4LifeUGADAWG4Life Posts: 79 ✭✭ Sophomore

I believe he will qualify. Go Dawgs. We need him and he just needs to apply effort. The kid is amazing. Half mortal half amazing

• amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I watched the Hoover/IMG game. Pickens was easily the best player on the field for Hoover. They just couldn't keep Nolan and company out of the backfield,

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What I read is that he is okay with his “standard” test (ACT?). If true then that leaves coursework as the last hurdle.

• Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He was most likely surrounded or i front of a bunch of Auburn and Bama fans and knew people there would think he “betrayed” them.

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I am thinking that he will qualify or at least the chances are 50/50 or better. Why else would Kirby "waste" a scholarship on him. If he fails to qualify he doesn't count against the 85 but he will count against the 25 and thus force us to take 1 less in 2020 than we could otherwise.