Comments

• BigDawgEatinBigDawgEatin Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He may not be responsible, but he sure as H E L L should be held accountable!

• PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No, it is not going to bust. Dabo will be protected by his AD, it wont affect their recruitment... and the rest of the ACC is rebuilding and in shambles right now, so its not like he has a lot of competition during the regular season.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Per Dabs steroids are

• RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Deadspin reader comments are often offensive and always snarky, but there are a few funny ones attached to that article.

Naw rpm bro. He is just out there hustling and making money. He would say the same thing about Rod’s specs if Gregory would get off his wallet. Apparently other things football related are a priority

Tony can be bought? Say it ain't so. Just glad Rod can see the goalposts

Rpm bro you just had to say it... yes he can for the most part. Bro is my dude but that oooonnne time against that ooooone team....

jrtbro you will not miss sleep over it again. It’s done and over

about to write my congress over this site. I literally just got a notification on a response and now not haha

• bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hey look at Tony! He may be the dealer?🤔

Tainted Frosted Flakes!?

• DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 665 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No way, he's been on that LSU payroll from day one.

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It’s come up on the Joe Rogan podcast several times lately that the testing done in the MMA has gotten a lot more sensitive in the last year or two. E.g., they can find much smaller quantities of substances in your body than they used to be able to. And there’s some fighter who’s on suspension and they’re all arguing about whether or not the amount that was found in his body really even means he was taking the substance or if it just occurred naturally somehow else.

None of that has come up with that Clemson stuff has it? Was it an ample amount of substance found in these Clemson players’ bodies?

• dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Look if you take something then you are cheating. Because that could have been some other kids scholarship who did it clean and wasn’t going to cheat the system. It’s more embarrassing that they couldn’t get it out of their system the second test. Like what idiots. Knowingly or unknowingly it doesn’t matter what amount because anybody who argues they had a trace amount in the body. Could still have been cheating but trying to flush it out of system.

• UGADAWG4LifeUGADAWG4Life Posts: 79 ✭✭ Sophomore

Their using Roids up in Clemson,South Carolina ??

• AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 645 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dabo’s Comments don’t pass the “smell” test. I really don’t know about it because I am working on other things, BUT, they may have accidentally gotten exposed here???

If he doesn’t know anything why would he even speculate they may have been exposed at Clemson. If he didn’t know anything he would simply state “I know nothing!”

He is covering his $6M butt.

• donmdonm Posts: 8,209 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UGADAWG4LIFE

Their using Roids up in Clemson,South Carolina ??

They have a long history (or long ago history ) of that. Google Doc Kreis and read on....

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

And we always thought that they were "coaching up" all those 3 star recruits they sign,,,,

Seem to recall another coach up there who had some issues.

"Oh, Danny boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling

From glen to glen, and down the mountain side.

The summer's gone, and all the roses falling,

It's you, it's you must go and I must bide."

• PolynikesPolynikes Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

**** thread. Yall sound like homer fools. Dabo is a fantastic coach and there's no reason to think he is putting his players on PED.

• dawgitimafandawgitimafan Posts: 219 ✭✭✭ Junior

Maybe but I think Dabo is the ultimate player protector, rather than say, yes these guys took roids, he rather says 'they could have come from anywhere' and if they could come from anywhere them it's plausible Clemson could have fed them roids. Might seem like admission of guilt but I guarantee it sells great in parents living room. Your son will NEVER be held accountable if there's plausible deniability.

• papadoc19papadoc19 Posts: 36 ✭✭ Sophomore

No it isn't going to bust and I question whether it was something Clemson gave them or is systematic because two of the players are walk ons. Why would you waste product on what at best would be scout team performers?

• dawgitimafandawgitimafan Posts: 219 ✭✭✭ Junior

Well if you were gonna see if a product could be detected that's prolly who you would test first lol, I don't believe this happened ftr.

edited February 10

Agreed, Dabo is a fantastic coach and in my opinion the whole deal is just a minor story that's trying to get traction to be a bigger story. It does however, serve as a prime example of what to expect when your team gets to the top of the hill. Going to be slings and arrows coming from all directions so we may as well get the mindset for what could likely be coming our way.

And Yes, I am a total Homer and will proudly admit that. I've been a Dawg long enough to remember way too many bloody bouts with the Tigers so I don't mind seeing a little adversity go their way.

Never understood why on this board -DawgNation- why being a homer is a negative. I'm right there with you @DawgBones

• papadoc19papadoc19 Posts: 36 ✭✭ Sophomore
  • levanderlevander Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You have even less of an understanding of how this stuff works than I do, yet you are willing to shout and condemn.

Some of these banned substances occur naturally in other ways. It’s just that when you are using them illegally, someone’s isolated the substance and you’ve taken a lot of it.

And now I’m going way over my head because all I originally wanted to do was ask a question. But a few years back, wasn’t the story that before a NCG a bunch of Bama took antler spray that was made by the antlers of some wild animal? Well, the stuff in the antlers, that’s not the only place that stuff occurs in nature. But when you go and isolate the substance and make a spray out of it, you are taking a LOT more of it than anybody else would under normal circumstances.

i just know this is an issue going on in the MMA sport right now. Where the tests they are using are a lot more sensitive than they ever have been in the past. And they may be finding amounts that aren’t even indicative of the athlete doing anything intentionally.

And since it’s not really MMA that’s come up with the tests, but the medical industry, I’m wondering if it’s possible those same tests are being used in college football and has led to some of this Clemson stuff?

"And now I’m going way over my head because all I originally wanted to do was ask a question. But a few years back, wasn’t the story that before a NCG a bunch of Bama took antler spray that was made by the antlers of some wild animal? Well, the stuff in the antlers, that’s not the only place that stuff occurs in nature. But when you go and isolate the substance and make a spray out of it, you are taking a LOT more of it than anybody else would under normal circumstances"

Now that's what I call a real Stag Party.

coaching up to go the “extra mile” ghost bro